“Amazing restaurant you have to visit when in/near Nob Hill / Union Square”
Review of Olea

Olea
Reserve with OpenTable
Olea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #665 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Larkin
Transit: Olea is on the California St. Cable Car line. Get off at the Larkin St. stop. Take the #1 California MUNI bus and get off at Sacramento and Larkin, walk one block down Larkin to California Street.
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing restaurant you have to visit when in/near Nob Hill / Union Square”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Eventhough we were visiting SF with 2 young kids (took the early shift for dinner), very very surprised ( we are from NYC and we've seen quite a few high end restaurants too...). Easy menu but amazingly tasteful, all local ingredients put together in a way I haven't seen or tasted very often in the last 5 yrs. Highly recommended if you want something slightly different fo a very good price. Cosy, small place but this is the real deal. You have to go here if you are within a 20 block radius.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank KrisVerh

“A gem”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We ate at Olea last night on the recommendation of a local. This kitchen knows how to cook. The menu isn't long, but the dishes we chose were excellent and very reasonably priced given the quality and the location. Olea also has a nice selection of wines by the glass. The service was friendly and professional. I'd definitely go back there again.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Joyce O
Asheville, North Carolina
“Awesome brunch”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The wife and I went to meet a friend of ours who lives in Nob Hill. He had seen the lines outside the restaurant and wanted to try it based on word of mouth reviews.

When you go, you write your name down inside the front door, but then you have to wait outside. There were three other couples ahead of us, and we probably waited about 30 min. The restaurant is very simple/quaint, and most of the food items are local/organic. Our server was very helpful and honest in his recommendations. The menu is fairly small, mostly breakfast-y foods. Fresh squeezed OJ was great, coffee served in a press. We had an order of the french toast and a couple orders of an interesting egg dish that was in what I could best describe as a mole sauce. They also serve dinner, but I believe they have a separate menu for that.

Highly recommended, get there early and be prepared to wait!

• Visited February 2012
San Jose
“A gem.”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

In need of a restaurant destination, quickly, I flipped open the hotel info book and their small advert caught my eye. I was not disappointed. Small but imaginative and varied menu, fresh food, appropriate sized portions. Good wine choices. Priced far less than I would have expected. Will go again if in the area.

Visited October 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Awesome brunch”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I went here with some friends on a sunday morning for brunch. This place was great overall. The breakfast items were top notch and they were serving blue bottle coffee! The only negative I would have is that the orange juice was had a lot of "bits" in it, I know some people like it that way though.

Things to keep in mind:
1. This place is small, prepare to wait if you have a large group
One nice thing is you can hang out at the Contraband Coffee Bar across the street!

• Visited September 2011