All reviews union square provide ear plugs room was clean street noise noisy at night would stay here again private bathroom light sleeper couple of nights hotel is in a great location two blocks around the corner cable car earplugs city sf sirens
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel online through booking.com. With it being my first time using this site I made an error with the dates of my stay. I wanted my stay to be 10/21 Sunday through Monday, and instead booked 10/14 Sunday through Monday. The site is not very user friendly so the wrong calendar dates were selected. Once I realized that an error was made I tried cancelling the reservation and waited for a response. Booking.com contacted me via email a couple hours later notifying me that I could not cancel the room. I thought okay, if I can’t cancel then maybe I can change the dates right? I immediately contacted the hotel to see if I could change the dates. They informed me to contact booking.com again. I contacted the site and was told that I had booked a non refundable room and would still be charged the total amount for 1 night if I did not show up. I informed them of my intent to change dates and they said they would try to work with the hotel and change the dates. I waited until the next morning to contact the hotel. I called and was informed that the manager could not do anything as my date change was requested too late in the day and they had held the room for me. What? I literally booked the room at 1:23pm,realized my mistake and tried canceling at 3pm, waited to hear back from someone, then around 5pm called booking.com about my situation and an email was sent about the date change at 6:50pm. Even though I spoke to someone at the hotels front desk about changing the dates around 6:00 pm about changing the dates. These scammers have ripped me off $160 for a room that I didn’t even stay in. They didn’t even try to work with me about booking another room for the correct night and credit me the $160 that was spent. Please spend your money elsewhere people. To have this type of customer service is appalling. Even for a 1st time guest you would expect them to try their best to accommodate you. Spoke to someone at the front desk also and they were incredibly rude and tried to mak me feel like an idiot. Don’t waste your money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Chelsea B
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Reading reviews that say this hotel is disgusting is an exaggeration. Small basic rooms, but our room was clean. Maids came in everyday, clean towels, right in the heart of union square so everything u need is on your doorstep. If u like spacious rooms maybe look elsewhere, but for 3-4 nights no complaints.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank emlouise_87
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

The hotel really does not look like the pictures. small and old rooms, disgusting shower. The staff is the most non-service I've ever met.
This is not a hotel that is the worst level hostel. My tip, not to get here, there are no shortage of hotels in the center

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Elior S
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

For this hotel you get what you pay for. The building is older and the rooms are small but that said the location is excellent and the place is clean and secure. I guess it comes down to what your needs are for a stay in SF. If you are looking for somewhere central that can get you to all the sites and you don't want to pay over the odds then this is a reasonable shout. The breakfast at David's Deli was nice as well. I would say the lift is annoying and slow and the carpets in the hallways are well past their best but other than that we were on 6th floor and beds were comfy enough and the sleep quality was fine not noisy at all for central city.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

A while since we stayed there, but: The location is great! We walked everywhere. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. OK rooms. Overall, we were satisfied if you see to what u got for the price. Bars, restaurants and boutiques just around the corner.

Date of stay: July 2018