Petite Auberge
$185
$379
$194
  • Pool
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$199
$189
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$281
$219
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$259
$206
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$267
$239
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$452
$324
$178
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$339
$239
Hotwire.com
1,604 results
All reviewswhite swancozy queencookie jargas fireplacefrench countrysister hotelwine and appetizersother guestsunion squareafternoon winewine receptionbed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciouscharming hotelsmall hotelnob hillfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2005

This is my second stay at Petite Auberge. It is still charming and lovely...and the location is just the greatest. Steve at the front desk was especially pleasant and knowledgeable. Love the European look and feel so well suited to San Francisco. My cozy room was vintage in the very best sense of the word. Everything worked perfectly and was very clean and comfortable. Outstanding coffee available all day - and yummy cinnamon granola among the (comp) breakfast items. Hope my next visit doesn't take another 20 years!

7  Thank 1tallcool1
Reviewed August 18, 2005

My fiancé and I stayed in this warm and wonderful little gem of a hotel for a week at the beginning of August and I cant rave about it enough! The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating, and treated us like family. Everyone, from the concierges to the bellboy to the members of the housekeeping staff, was just so nice! The fresh cookies in the lobby were a real treat as well as the unlimited coffee, tea, cold water bottles and soft drinks.

The queen room with a fireplace was just the right size, big enough so two people wouldn't feel crowded but small enough to feel cozy and intimate at the same time. The bed was on the firm side but very comfortable, the pillows plentiful (we asked for extra ones with our reservation) and the fireplace just the thing to come home to after a long day's worth of sightseeing (August in San Francisco can be cold!). Bathroom was very clean and very nice with a tub, great water pressure, fluffy towels, two bathrobes, hair dryer, Aveda toiletries and hand made soaps.

Breakfast was excellent, with good strong coffee, a choice of teas, cereals, oatmeal, baked goods (muffins, scones, biscuits, croissants, breads, etc.), boiled eggs, sausages, fresh fruits, frittata (not quiche, this didn’t have a crust), milk, butter, cream cheese, honey, jams and juices served buffet style. This isn’t your usual hotel breakfast, and it left me so stuffed that I hardly ever got hungry again during the day.

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel for parents with young children (rooms are smallish, no child-friendly amenities) or business travelers (no work space), but for couples it's an excellent (and very romantic!) value for the price. I can't wait to go back again!

15  Thank Isilriel
A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2005

My husband and I stayed at Petite Auberge for three nights during our recent (first) visit to SFO. We found it to be a charming little place with a gracious and helpful staff. Everyone was so nice, from the people working the front desk to the kind gentleman who helped us with our bags to the ladies who took care of housekeeping and setting up the breakfast every morning. The room was small, but very clean and comfortable - all we needed was a place to sleep at night and shower and dress in the morning and it was more than adequate. The complimentary breakfast was fabulous! We thoroughly enjoyed the fresh fruits, baked goods, quiche and other yummy delights each morning. We only made it to the nightly wine reception once, but had some good wine, tasty snacks and great conversation with other guests. The location was very convenient - we were able to walk pretty much everywhere or easily catch public transportation if we were going beyond walking distance. We definitely would stay there again and recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Redwood City, CA.
Reviewed August 15, 2005

We stayed at this first-rate hotel for our honeymoon two years ago, and we keep going back to it every time we stay in the city. The intimate, quiet atmosphere in the heart of the SF is wonderful. Petite Auberge is not "petite" in its service and hospitality; the staff is attentive, helpful, and knowledgeable about the many things to do while staying in the city. The full breakfast is delicious, the coffee will please most coffee "snobs" and beverages and limited snacks are available just about any time you want. Unfortunately, we haven't been at the hotel for evening hors derves, (sorry about the spelling), and wine because we've been too busy doing the tourist things in SF. However, we have briefly sailed through the parlor during this evening ritual, and the other hotel guests seemed to be enjoying themselves. Another feature we like is the quaint french countryside decor throughout the hotel. With all of the hotel's amenities, the price is a good value by SF standards.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 11, 2005

For the price this hotel is hard to beat. My partner and I stayed there for 5 nights at the end of July and enjoyed every moment in the hotel. The breakfasts are superb and give the opportunity to build friendships, if you want to, with other guests. Similarly, the late afternoon wine receptions were very pleasant and on one occasion only started to break up about 8pm. I have stayed in the Nikko and Crown Plaza before in SF and whilst they have their own merits, the small, intimate, well presented and located Petit Auberge is one I would happily come back to.

• Stayed: July 2005