We stayed at the White Swan Inn, the sister hotel next door, last year and found both to be really good. However Petite Auberge seemed to be a little more ragged around the edges. If staying in San Francisco again we’d choose the White Swan Inn, despite the cheesy wallpaper and Royal memorabilia (if you take that stuff too seriously you’ve missed the point – it’s a great place!) Breakfast and free evening wine in each hotel is identical and the same staff seem to service each hotel. The inclusive breakfast, evening wine and 24/7 coffee/tea is a lovely touch.
During our stay there were reports of theft from room(s) at the White Swan Inn and Police were in attendance at the hotel while we checked out. We’ve stayed at both hotels on different occasions and had very good experiences at each but any sniff of thefts needs to be regarded with suspicion - there were no signs of forced entry apparently. In-room safes do not appear to be provided at either hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located between Nob Hill and Union Square, Petite Auberge is the perfect small hotel for a trip to San Francisco. The Petite Auberge welcomes you to a world of French provincial enchantment. French doors with beveled glass, a collection of French art, a cozy parlor with a crackling fire and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres. Most guestrooms offer fireplaces. We offer a generous breakfast buffet each morning and an evening wine reception. Fresh baked cookies are available each afternoon. Also, check out our sister hotel, White Swan Inn just 20 feet away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Petite Auberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petite Auberge Hotel San Francisco
- Petite Auberge San Francisco