“Great and Cosy Ambience”

The Inn San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Great and Cosy Ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2008

This is a wonderful place to stay while at San Francisco.
It's nice and cosy environment makes you feel so homely. The wide spread of breakfast is fantastic and I luv the quiche!
For single lady like me while on business trip, it is a place worthwhile to stay.:P

Warmest Regards
Ellphie

• Liked — The ambience, Marty and Fred!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Ellphie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

My family stayed on the last visit and we stay when remodeling our home. Marty is gregarious and fabulous! The Inn is a beautiful Victorian retreat!! We look forward to opportunities to return!
Susan and Tami

• Liked — The ambiance
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frances59
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2008

We have stayed at many different hotels, but since we encountered the Inn San Francisco, we have NEVER stayed anywhere else. I travel to S.F. frequently and return to that property beacuase of its location, atmosphere, and the owner. I travel alone and feel comfortable and safe because of the owner and his staff, you cannot find hospitality of this excellence anywhere else. Would recommend this hotel to ANY traveler, looking for an outstanding, warm and welcoming environment.

• Liked — Marty, the hotel owner
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank travelchic07
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

The Inn San Francisco is located in a funky, eclectic neighborhood in the heart of the Mission District. The area has a distinctly Latin ambiance.

I stayed here for a couple of days while on business at an investor conference at the Ritz-Carlton on Stockton St. The Inn SF is easily accessible via BART from SFO Airport - just get off at the 24th St. stop and walk ~5 blocks, give or take. Even with my wheeling suitcase and backpack, I had no difficulties.

Check out the online photos of the place. It is from a bygone era, with many antiques and period pieces throughout.

Room 12 was in the back, next to the garden, which contains a hot tub/jacuzzi. I didn't see anyone use it during my stay. This would certainly be a nice spot to hang out and relax - especially in nice weather. There is also a very nice rooftop deck that gives you a 360 degree panoramic view of the city.

There are many dining choices in the Mission District, and they give you a list of them when you check in - complete with Zagat Ratings for several of them. I ate in one that was not listed - Taqueria San Jose. Had an excellent burrito here. It is spot for locals, and is right near the BART station, on Mission St.

The next night I ate at an excellent restaurant that seemed to cater to a funky, urban, artsy clientele. Unfortunately, the name of the place escapes me, but it was only about a five-minute walk from the Inn SF.

For breakfast, you will want to partake in the Inn SF's delicious spread - containing everything from quiche to a great assortment of fresh fruit. They also have teas, coffee and cookies available in the parlor - 24 hours. A nice touch...

Some other reviews have referred to the excellent hospitality here. I completely agree. I had an early AM flight from SFO, so I needed to leave before the 7 am breakfast start and was hoping to be able to take BART to the Airport.

Fred couldn't have been more helpful to me. He allowed me to print my boarding pass, checked exact train times for me, helped map out how I could quickly get to my VirginAmerica gate, and if that wasn't enough, he went downstairs to cut up some fresh fruit that I could bring with me in the morning. I was able to keep this cold overnight in the mini fridge located in the bathroom, under the sink.

Lastly, it is worth mentioning the delicious chocolate truffles that are left in your room each day. I forgot to ask who makes these. They are delicious!

Thanks again to Fred, Lisa and others at the Inn SF. I look forward to my next stay.

• Liked — Beautiful decor and tremendous hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing - no complaints
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Pieceomymind
Chicago Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2008

There are so many great things about this place - the rooms, the beautiful parlour, flowers everywhere, the garden, the hot tub, the price. And the Mission location is great too, it's an up and coming neighbourhood, tons of great restaurants and cafes. However, the owner is CREEPY - I would warn women travelling alone to keep a wide berth. As well, they advertise wi-fi that is pretty much non-existent.

Stayed May 2008
6 Thank Driver029
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2008

My husband and I stayed at The Inn SF for a long weekend in January. We loved every minute of our stay! I would love to go back again!

The Inn is beautifully decorated in period pieces. I've always wanted to go back in time, and staying here made me feel like a 19th century society lady. Our room was beautiful. We stated in a spacious queen room with a big bay window, a small but clean bathroom, and plenty of room to stretch out. It was so nice. I think the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on.

Breakfast is all you could ever ask for and more. It was beautifully prepared and more than sufficient to fuel our sight seeing days. So much food! Plus drinks, candy, and truffles everywhere! They really went above and beyond to make you feel at home and cozy.

The garden was spectacular. And the hot tub was great! It rained and was dreary cold one night (as to be expected in SF) so we spent the evening lounging in the HOT HOT HOT tub. It was heaven!

The location is ok, but not spectacular. But you can't fault the Inn, they were there first! It's in a standard working class neighborhood. There are two Bart stops not too far away - that's how we got around the city. But they're not exactly close. As long as you're willing to walk a few blocks in the morning fog, then it's not the least bit of a problem.

The staff was fantastic. The owner and his dog are friendly faces to greet you in the cold, and they know everything there is to know in the city. Trust their recommendations! And get that snazzy map of all the resturants in the area!

I'd willing go back again and again and again! I loved my time at The Inn SF!

• Liked — Beautifully maintained Victorian mansion!
  • Disliked — Location could be better, but the house can't exactly move.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple