Charming Japanese style hotel in charming Japan Town. Painted screens create huge murals on the walls, and roll back to reveal huge windows. Love the deep Japanese style tub and the bath salts - made for a relaxing bath after pounding the SF pavement all day and night! Yes, if you spend your vacation inspecting every inch of the rooms, you may see the hotel showing its age. But for half the cost of a downtown hotel, in a much more unique (but central) neighborhood, its well worth it! We also didn't get the welcome tea and agree the breakfast buffet was forgettable, but still appreciate the friendly service and great value.
Don't miss the amazing restaurant Bushi-Tei across the street. Expensive but worth the splurge for incredibly fresh, delicious and creative dishes. So many charming little restaurants, shops, bookstores to discover in this area. We had a strenuous but much needed Thai massage nearby. Did I mention that this area is so charming?! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a unique blend of Eastern and Western influences, Hotel Kabuki offers sleek and serene accommodations in the heart of Japantown. Unwind in style. Our rooms offer a refined and serene ambiance and an aesthetic that marries Eastern and Western sensibilities. Some feature luxurious amenities like Japanese-style soaking tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kabuki Hotel San Francisco
- Miyako Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco
- Kabuki San Francisco