I expect people don't come here because it's not on Union SQ or downtown but compared to Union SQ, this is a great location right next to Japantown. There's a big Japanese soaking tub in the bathroom and moving Shoji screens to big outdoor windows. Good wifi and spacious room but in need of facelift to make really outstanding. I wandered around the Japantown shopping mall which a friend of mine says is very much like a mall in Tokyo. Had a delicious meal in a place called "On The Bridge". Back at the room, looked west and south from my windows. Wandered up Fillmore Street the next day in Pacific Heights. Cool restaurants and trendy shops then ended up at Jackson SQ which is beautiful city park full pure bred dogs, kids and an extraordinary view every direction. You get a coffee maker with decent coffee but like most places, only powdered creamer. I did stay at a hotel once with real half and half in a little plastic, sealed container and I don't know why more good hotels don't use these.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a unique blend of Eastern and Western influences, Hotel Kabuki offers sleek and serene accommodations in the heart of Japantown. Unwind in style. Our rooms offer a refined and serene ambiance and an aesthetic that marries Eastern and Western sensibilities. Some feature luxurious amenities like Japanese-style soaking tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kabuki Hotel San Francisco
- Miyako Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco
- Kabuki San Francisco