Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$204
$223
$208
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$176
$189
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$408
  • Room Service
$274
$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$416
$254
2,301 results
All reviewsjapan townsoaking tubjapantown mallshoji screensjapanese decorjapanese malljapanese gardenjapanese bathfillmore streetcorner king roombath saltsself parkingpacific heightsenjoyed my staywonderful hotelgolden gate parkcoffee maker
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Only hotel I have stayed at that had your own personal sauna and Japanese bath and shower. By far the best bathroom amenities I have ever experienced. If you enjoy saunas and make use of it, this is the hotel to stay at. Also a clean, well-kept, and well-equipped exercise room. Many areas within and around the hotel which allows for quiet, peaceful relaxation and, or meditation. Many good, economical Japanese eating restaurants within walking distance to the adjacent malls. Only negative is the parking situation - expensive and limited.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank almowo
KabukiHotelManager, Manager at Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the many relaxing amenities afforded by our property, and we hope that you'll reach out in the future to experience our continued growth and evolution. Many thanks for your time, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Kids are VIPs at Hotel Kabuki, but newlyweds are not. We arrived two hours early--our mistake, granted--but after being told they'd put a "rush" on the room it still wasn't ready ten minutes before check in. That's fine. We were early. We had given them our phone number, and forty minutes past the regular check in we got sick of sitting in the lobby and went back to the front desk. Only then, after checking in twice, was our room ready. Room service was highway robbery. Breakfast was a joke. And, if nothing else, all I wanted was to mail a postcard to my folks...it's one month later and that still hasn't happened. We're not picky. We're actually poor and had this handed to us, so we have no right to complain...but come on. Can't we check in on time and have one piece of mail delivered? Please? :(

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rane29

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us. An undue wait for a reservation is certainly a frustrating experience, and it's an atypical one at Hotel Kabuki. I apologize for any frustrations this brought to your stay, and we encourage you to reach out to us directly the next time you visit the area. We would love a second opportunity to showcase what stands us apart, and we hope to hear more from you soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location is great, Japan Town, because it is near Fisherman's wharf. I am intrigued with the Japanese culture so I loved that. The East and West Mall had lots of good places to eat and shop for small, unique items.

The service in the hotel was friendly. They were all smiles and very friendly. The rooms, however was a bit small so I would rate the price as 'Fair'. The TV could be bigger, also.

Other than that, Hotel Kabuki took me away from San Francisco and got a zen feeling when I walked in through the lobby doors.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
KabukiHotelManager, Manager at Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us, Rommel. We strive to provide an idyllic, zen escape from the bustle of the city, and I'm glad to hear that you took note of this special element that stands us apart. While you may have found your room to be smaller than your ideal, I'm happy to hear that our friendly team was able to make your stay with us a memorable and enjoyable one. We look forward to hosting you again and hope that you'll reach out the next time you return to our area!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was here on and off for about a week for work. Every night stayed was perfect. Every room was comfortable and clean. My favorite was bathing, Japanese style, first a quick shower then a long soak in the deep ofuro tubs. The staff, from the bell to the front desk, to the engineer (I walked into the service elevator by mistake one time) were all very friendly. I ordered room service one morning, had the bento. The grilled salmon was huge, dinner sized! Would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Japantown
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Coco C
KabukiHotelManager, Manager at Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us. It's a huge pleasure to host first time visitors and to introduce them to our world-class property. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the authenticity of our amenities, and I'll be certain to pass your praises along to the team for their incomparable services. We hope that you'll reach out to us again the next time you visit the area; there's much more of the Hotel Kabuki to share with you!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel gave me the feel of my experience in Tokyo, Japan with the exception of there being a lot more space here!

Great place to get some rest & relaxation; completely like the Zen garden experience!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank aidinitravelingenie
KabukiHotelManager, Manager at Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us. I'm so glad to hear that your visit was a relaxing one, and we look forward to the chance of hosting you again. Please reach out the next time you're in the area; there's so much more of the Kabuki to share with you!