We are big Hotel Tomo fans. Decided to try out this sister property for a one night stay before leaving the city. It is only 2 blocks from Hotel Tomo and sits right on the Japantown mall. There is a street entrance and an entrance from the mall. This property had a similar rate as Hotel Tomo, I think the rates vary and sometimes it is more expensive. Our room was slightly smaller than our Hotel Tomo room, but had a nicer view. The bedding and bath towel were very nice quaility. The room (double queen) was very nicely decorated, it felt new. The bathroom had a separate soaking tub and shower and a separate room for the toilet. We did not try out any other hotel amenities as we only stayed one night. The lobby is tres chic and there is a doorman who can bring bags up to your room or call you a cab (Hotel Tomo does not have a doorman). Although the desk staff was pretty brief with us, I heard them give extensive help and tips to two young brits. One oddity is that our credit card was overcharged $50, when I called to ask about it, they said they always do this in case of incidental charges, and if there are none, the $50 will be refunded. Neither Hotel Tomo nor any other hotel I have ever stayed at does this, I think it is very odd. I think management should reconsider this policy. I think it is a hassle that I now have to go back and check to see if the $$ was refunded.
Note: there is a great $1 per minute Japanese massage place just outside the Kabuki hotel mall entrance named Sain Saine. I had a wonderful massage here (table massage) with a young male masseuse, (Hide) highly recommend. Kabuki has their own spa, which I did not get a chance to try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a unique blend of Eastern and Western influences, Hotel Kabuki offers sleek and serene accommodations in the heart of Japantown. Unwind in style. Our rooms offer a refined and serene ambiance and an aesthetic that marries Eastern and Western sensibilities. Some feature luxurious amenities like Japanese-style soaking tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kabuki Hotel San Francisco
- Miyako Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco
- Kabuki San Francisco