Sleep Over Sauce
$295
$204
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $249/night.

$175
$169
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $302/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$203
$188
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $265/night.

$175
$166
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $236/night.

$159
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $275/night.

$214
$189
Courtyard
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

$205
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $267/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$229
$199
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $285/night.

$179
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $242/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$179
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $255/night.

All reviewscommon roomhayes valleygreat roomrestaurant downstairsno elevatorother guestsdetached bathroomperforming artshaight ashburyguest houselarge tvprivate bathbed and breakfastcity noisecomplimentary breakfastan older buildingtop floor
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My room was comfortable (my mother and two kids and I stayed) as well as the beds. The common area felt like I was in a college dorm and drinks and continental type breakfast were available anytime. Better suited for young adult/college types. They need to sound-proof the small rooms so people can get a better night's rest. We stayed here because of location but I will not be a return visitor.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed over at Sleep Over Sauce for two nights. The room I picked has a detached bathroom. While the bathroom is private to me, but it is that it is still inconvenient for me to have to get out of the room to use the bathroom facilities. Additionally, the room is also too small to accomodate two person comfortably. I had only room to put a single luggage. So for those traveling in pairs, please take note. The last thing is that the sound-proofing of the room is very bad. I can literally hear people talking as they walk pass my room so for light-sleepers, this is a big negative.

The good things. Firstly, the hotel has a pretty decent business center that allow guests to use the phone to make any calls within the US for free. Also you can use the printer to print anything you need e.g. boarding pass, map directions etc. Staff are also pretty friendly. They have a common room with a big TV, board games and some fruits plus snacks. But I hardly see anyone there other than to grab a simple bite.

Getting to fisherman's wharfs is pretty easy via light rail but takes about 40mins commute time. Getting to and fro from airport would take abit of effort. Firstly, from the hotel, walk to the light rail station which is about 200 meters away, take the light rail (cost US$2) to Civic Center (just a few stops away), then take BART to the San Francisco Airport (cost US$8.25). Total commute is about an hour and cost US$10.25.

Room Tip: For anyone who's particular about having ensuite bathroom, make sure you check first.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank YHTEO
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Comfortable, nice rooms. The staff is pleasant and helpful but they leave you alone unless you need them. Good value, convenient to public transportation. Continental breakfast available (fruit, bagels/bread, cold cereal) 24 hours per day, which is great for late arrival or if you want a midnight snack. The restaurant downstairs is extremely good. This is a great place if you're looking for something other than an American chain hotel -- it's really much more like a small European hotel, and if you're used to that you'll be happy at Sleep over Sauce. Two slightly negative comments: the rooms are fine, but they look fancier in the photos on the website than they really are; and the bathrooms were less than spotless. Not disgusting, but they needed some mildewcide. If the bathrooms had been better cared-for I would have given Sleep over Sauce an "Excellent" rating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MsTify
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I go to the Black and White Ball all the time. Our usually place had a significant rate hike so I went looking for something else. I didn't start looking until a month before the Ball so a lot of my options were limited.

This place popped up during my search and the name intrigued me. It got good reviews from others and was in walking distance to the Ball so I booked it.

The on-line pictures make the room and bath look better than it was but it wasn't an issue. We booked the Haight Ashbury King room. The room is nothing fancy but it's funky (in a good way) and does the job.Some might consider the room to be on the small side but it was fine for us. The high ceilings helped make the room feel more spacious. We even had a little balcony. The most important thing was the bed and it was great. I am a very light sleeper and I slept all night. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

One important thing to note: THIS LOCATION DOES NOT HAVE SECURED PARKING. Your choice is to park on the street or at a parking garage 4 blocks away. I didn't find that out until I called them the day before our arrival. And I only found out because I asked. My hubby bought a new car and want to drive it to SF but needed to make sure that there was a garage to park it in.( I called the parking garage and was told that they would be full by the time we arrived around 6:00.) There's no mention of this on their website, at least that I could find and felt that the parking situation was misrepresented. Having voiced that to the nice guy that checked us in, the situation was resolved to our satisfaction. He allowed us to stay parked in the passenger loading zone right in front of the restaurant. We were happy campers indeed.

We loved the neighborhood. There are lot of shops and restaurants in addition to Sauce a few blocks away. We walked to and from the Black and White Ball (Civic Center) in about 10 minutes and didn't have any issues walking back at 1:00 AM.

Room Tip: Their king room was the furthest away from Gough Street and was quiet considering Gough is a highly traveled street.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Undertraveled
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My partner and I stayed here on Halloween 2011 for one night, so that he could go to a job interview the following day. We did not expect much, based on the location, but this is also the reason (i.e. convenience) that we chose it. The positives include: nice and welcoming staff; everything in the room seemed to work; and it was relatively quiet. Negatives: room was very small, not well ventilated and so somewhat musty; the decor and furniture were outdated; and the bed was super-soft (or, the exact opposite of firm).

This is a communal kind of operation in that the rooms, while individual and private, lead to a hallway which opens up to a great room filled with a bunch of stuff that some travelers--young, on a budget and interested in 'hanging out'--might enjoy and, in fact, most of the other guests seemed to be in pretty good spirits whenever we encountered them in that room, the hallway, etc. In short, this is an inn of European styling that maximizes its hipster vibe in a relatively minimalist environment. While there are certainly more luxurious options downtown, this is a safe albeit spartan lodging choice that is probably worth the price as this location has street parking.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor (3rd), in the back of the building and off the street, and it had windows on two aspects: one facing the alley, one facing the building behind. This permitted some cross-ventilation which we liked though there might be some risk for dump truck noise (which we didn't encounter btw) early in the AM from the alley.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business