“Great place away from the crowd”
Review of Sleep Over Sauce

Sleep Over Sauce
Ranked #18 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights here for my second stay in San Francisco. The place is exactly what I was looking for: a nice and clean place, with an excellent bed and linen in a perfect location to explore the city. They have free wifi in the room and offer a free continental breakfast in the morning with fruits, cereals, different types of breads, jam, coffee or tea that you prepare yourself. This is also available during the day so that you can take an apple for the road. The restaurant downstairs is open from 5pm to 2 am and all the people there were very friendy and helpful in answering my questions.
It is close to the streetcar stops to go downtown and the area is nice with coffee shops and other restaurants. I would return there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Sleep Over Sauce

Reviewed January 20, 2011

This little boutique hotel is in a great location in quaint hayes valley at the center of the San Francisco (without being in Union Square where you are overrun by tourists). It is also connected to Sauce, one of my favorite restaurants in the city. It is quiet and laid back, and has this great large shared living room if you want to chill outside of your hotel room that gives it a really homey feel. I have returned multiple times since my first visit. This is a really charming hotel.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

When I was living in San Jose my girlfriend was living up north so we would sometimes meet half way and when we did we stayed at sleep over sauce, named for the fact it sits over their award winning restaurant. It was like staying at a friends house who turned their place into a restaurant, bar and hotel. Apparently it is a family owned business and it feels like. It seemed that everyone there knew each other and the vibe was friendly and fun. When we made it to our room it was quite and cozy. The location is right in the heart of the city and walking distance to downtown.
I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed here while in San Fran in October. The staff could not have been more helpful, the rooms were clean and the location was fabulous! Also, it's above one of the best restaurants in San Fran - SAUCE! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our stay of one night at the Sleep Over Sauce. If you're wondering about the name (we definitely were) it's because the rooms are located above the restaurant "Sauce". Both the restaurant and hotel are family owned, and we received great service at both. The rooms were a bit small but very comfortable and well decorated...the free continental breakfast was an added touch that we were unaware of. Loved it!

Lastly, an example of their great service. My wife and I accidentally left behind a relatively expensive electric toothbrush. After contacting them through email I promptly received a response that they would gladly ship it to me (since I was already on my way home). Less than a week later I received it in the mail. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stayed 2 nights at Sleep Over Sauce in early Oct. I could not be happier. Check-in was a breeze however it was also the only time I saw anybody from the guest house in the guest house. He gave me the rundown on how everything worked - snacks, coffee,basic breakfast stuff in the community room. Free wifi and computer access... contact the bartender if you have any other problems. The room was pretty basic - Bed -Lamp - TV, Clock radio ( mine had a base to charge an iPhone with) and a small wall unit for hanging up clothes. The bath room was across the hall but was private. The place was very quite during my stay - there were some sirens from the street that I heard but what do you expect when your in a large city. I did not hear any other guests making noise.
The bed was very comfortable, the shower was hot.
Is it a 5 star hotel - nope but it was a perfect home base for exploring the city and needing a good rest so you can get up and do it again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Filthy carpets on the stairways and in our room, cheesy 1970s dark "wood" veneer furniture, smoke detector lying in a corner on the floor, musty smell, non-functional lamp by the bed in our "Haight Room". Terribly over-priced dump.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple