If you are a history buff, this place will knock your socks off. It's truly like walking into the late 1800's! Everything from the furniture, the antiques, amazing architecture, intricate paint jobs/wall paper, friendly staff, and pure history makes this place so uniquely set apart from any other experience you will ever find. I felt like I was living out a childhood fantasy staying here!
1. Bring earplugs- the windows/walls are old, thus the noise levels of the hustle and bustle outside can be pretty loud. To make sure you get a good night sleep, bring those earplugs.
2. Hunt for parking and pay attention to those local parking laws- Given that you are in San Fran, just be prepared for parking to be difficult anywhere you go. Luckily, this place has free parking, but it's not always easy to find. Just be mindful of street sweeping. The street sweeping is weekly and is different for either sides of the street.
3. Take the time to go to some of the local restaurants- The restaurant where you can eat in the dark is only .6 mi away from the BB. Also, my boyfriend surprised me and took me to a French place only 2 mi away and it was the best dinner we'd both ever had.
4. If you enjoy history- take the time to get to know the history behind the name on your door. The rooms all have names engraved on their doors named after people who've stayed in the BB. Ours was Isadora Duncan, a famous Opera Singer/Actress from the early 1900's.
Great breakfast! Bagels and lox, amazing coffee (the good stuff), super friendly staff, lovely little place.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Tivoli Hotel San Francisco
- Chateau Tivoli Bed And Breakfast