All reviews shared bathroom music studios no elevator fresh towels free coffee other guests union square hostel sink roommates sf dorm polk microwave shampoo earplugs homeless
Reviewed September 2, 2018

I really like the location and it's great value. The staff were also really helpful and it's great value. I'd recommend it to anyone for the price, despite it being a little rough around the edges (we had a double with en suite and it definitely didn't look as stylish as pictured). bed was comfy too.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2018

Top floor was hot, stuffy, and muggy. Wish the place was air conditioned. Also I'm not sure there is an elevator so getting heavy luggage upstairs is a task. But the location is super convenient, it's very cool looking, and the staff is friendly and hardworking. Overall, not a bad place to stay for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MusicCitySF, Front Office Manager at Music City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback from your stay. We apologize for the lack of air conditioning and elevator in our building and hope it was not too much of an inconvenience. We understand the top floor can get warm on certain nights and fans are available at the front desk. Our front desk staff is available 9am to 11pm to assist with most issues in a prompt manner.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Maybe a great hostel but a very poorly run hotel. Booked it for the location but staff weren't present upon arrival and although they changed their tune were very rude when they finally showed up. Bedsheets were unchanged from the last guest. I wanted to leave but my wife entreated me to stay since it was so late. Terrible experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MusicCitySF, Front Office Manager at Music City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

We sincerely apologize for the poor service received during your recent stay. We have since spoken to our staff and this will not be an ongoing issue for guests when checking in. We hope to see you again in the future so we can provide a more positive experience. Our central location is great when visiting San Francisco and our front desk staff generally receives positive feedback for being friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

I stayed in the 6- female dormitory and it exceeded my expectations. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. We had a room with the restroom and shower. Location was great, you could practically walk to most of the main attractions. However, we had to open the window to let some air in at night. The back alley was a little noisy with occasional shouting. Other than that, the stay was great! Thanks a lot :)

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Stayed here in August, the hotel is set in the 'less desirable' area of the city and didn't quite feel safe walking around at night time. Check in was easy enough. The room was well decorated but quite cramped and a few fruit flies in there. There was two large windows, one without a curtain so that was rather problematic when trying to sleep as my bunk was right next to it. I was not phased by the music playing at night time but it is loud if you wanted an early night. What I did have an issue with was the excessively loud roadworks which we weren't told about. This started at around 7am, jackhammer included and was taking place right outside our window. Taking the music rehearsals and this early awakening in to consideration, I did not enjoy my stay here as I was unable to sleep well. We did inform the staff but were told there was nothing they could do, it has been going on for months.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends