White Swan Inn
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$395
$279
$239
$189
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$176
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$408
  • Room Service
$274
$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$466
$254
1,799 results
All reviewsgas fireplacecookie jarunion squarewine and appetizersdressing roomafternoon wineother guestsfresh fruitbreakfast was deliciousbed and breakfastwine receptioncharming hotelpetite aubergehome away from homenob hillsmall hotelroom was large
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Loved the White Swan Inn. Beautiful old fashioned environment that really contributed to my relaxation after long days of walking/sightseeing in San Francisco. They treated me great and I liked the late afternoon Wine/Hors d'oeuvres with fellow guests. It was nice to meet other people staying at the Inn.
Great Nob Hill location. I'm glad I got to see that part of San Francisco (and struggle with the steep hills!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LSSather
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My parents treated my husband and me to a room at this hotel as a wedding gift. What a wonderful gift it was!
The building is very cute. I felt like we were in someone's grandmother's home. The old fashioned elevator is an especially nice element. I loved the fireplace in our deluxe king room. We had a separate dressing room with a sink and mirror. I also enjoyed the beverage nook in the room. It was equipped with a coffee maker, sink, refrigerator (with free soda and water!), mugs, and champagne flutes.
We enjoyed the wine hour immensely. In addition to the usual cheese and crackers, they had some delicious banana chocolate chip cookies and macaroni salad. We sat on the couch by the fireplace while we enjoyed our wine and snacks. Maybe we were there on a slow weekend, but there were only four other guests at the wine hour while we were there (which we actually quite enjoyed- we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves!)
Breakfast was also great. They served eggs, bacon, country hash, fruit, scones, croissants, oatmeal, coffee, large tea selection, and juice. As with the wine hour, there was only one other family seated in the dining area. The breakfast is served until 10 AM on weekdays and 11 AM on weekends, so you can sleep in without worrying about missing breakfast!
The location is very convenient to many of the major attractions in SF.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank uclatraveler9
Molly C, Manager at White Swan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and recommendation! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and celebration of your very special occasion. We are honored to have shared it with you and hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay. The staff was very helpful. The room was cozy. We were there before Christmas and there was a beautiful tree and fireplace downstairs. It was very relaxing. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Access to the cable cars and public transportation was a plus even for someone who never uses public transportation. Walking to Union Square easily accomplished and you can ride the cable car back up the hill. Having to wait for your car to be retrieved from a remote parking facility was the only draw back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nitrous74
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Yes the wallpaper is chintzy, yes the lift is tricky, but I have just found my new favourite SF hotel. I travelled here on what was one of the busiest weekends in SF history, and stupidly left booking a hotel until the last minute. At $USD 880 for 4 nights, White Swan Inn was one of the cheaper options if I wanted to stay around Union Square. What a relief it was to find a warm, friendly reception from staff, a gorgeous big bright room and a comparatively luxurious bathroom. The hotel provides LOTS of little extras - a full cooked breakfast, complimentary bottled water and cans of soft drink in the bar fridge, fresh baked biscuits always available in the foyer, and a happy hour every afternoon. All-in-all this is a quality English B & B transported to SF. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: As always in noisy SF, try and get a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We recently stayed the weekend at the White Swan Inn for a wedding in San Francisco. The bride's family recommended the Fairmont Hotel, but I am over of that hotel. Instead we enjoyed a beautiful large quiet room with a king size poster bed, a fireplace, sitting room and small bar area ns refrigerator stocked with complimentary drinks. It was a delightful stay and we invited several wedding guests to tour our room and the hotel to see what they could enjoy for less money than the Fairmont. The vintage elevator is fully certified and functional, such a fun and efficient way to get to our room. We enjoyed the evening wine and appetizers, served in the quaint English library and sitting room downstairs. Hot breakfast includes eggs, bacon or ham, an English side dish every morning, plus all the fresh fruit, pastries, Irish Soda Bread for toast, cereal, yogurts with plenty of milk, hot chocolate, coffee and tea. A delightful unhurried and delicious meal - I went off my diet, just because the pastries are worth it. Guests joined us for breakfast for a most reasonable $10. The staff is helpful, friendly and not stuffy; they allowed us to park in front for a short time, gave us cost effective parking hints and generally assisted our stay in every way. The hotel has a small outdoor terrace, a small exercise room, a conference room, an enclosed patio and beautiful sitting areas. This place is a gem, more personal and an experience itself!! My husband enjoyed himself the whole weekend. We took Uber cars (another must!) everywhere, such a breeze.

Room Tip: The upper floors especially facing the interior terrace are very quiet. We rarely even heard another guest and the hotel was full.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple