White Swan Inn
$269
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$457
$434
  • Bar/Lounge
$386
$309
  • Restaurant
Handlery Union Square Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$210
$199
$214
$198
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$163
$153
HolidayInn.com
$287
$254
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$207
$169
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$489
$399
  • Room Service
1,791 results
All reviewsgas fireplacecookie jarunion squarewine and appetizersdressing roomafternoon wineother guestsfresh fruitbreakfast was deliciousbed and breakfastwine receptioncharming hotelpetite aubergehome away from homenob hillsmall hotelroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We booked this hotel for a short trip in San Francisco. I thought the hotel was very nice and we had a good welcome on arrival. The problems came when I went to pay the bill. All seemed well on check out but then I discovered that the hotel had actually billed me for a greater amount than I owed, three times! I contacted the hotel a number of times and didn’t receive an explanation or apology. On return home I e-mailed the hotel directly and called the hotel and left a message with the manager. I have yet to receive a reply.
After 3 weeks I was refunded.
I would not stay at this hotel again and am very disappointed with the service I received.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LorrieLee32
Pam1975, General Manager at White Swan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at White Swan Inn. I am very sorry to hear about the billing errors that occurred upon your departure from the hotel. I am also sorry it took so long for our team to get back to you with information about the billing. I hope the problem has been fully rectified at this time. Should you need further assistance please call or email us and we will help however possible.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Perfect spot in the heart of the city. Good breakfast, comfortable room, helpful staff and a nice wine and cheese reception every afternoon. Loved the fireplaces, which made it a cozy place on a chilly evening.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed for a week at this lovely hotel. The amenities (breakfast, wine and appetizers, fresh baked cookies, free sodas....) were well beyond what we have found elsewhere. The room was spacious and welcoming. We made friends with others staying at the inn. It was a pleasure to see them at breakfast or afternoon wine and snacks and catch up on all the activities enjoyed during the day. The location (very near the Powell street cable car) was so convenient. I would highly recommend getting the Muni Pass to be able to use the cable car at any time. We will return to the White Swan on future visits to SF.

Room Tip: We were in room 33, facing an inner courtyard. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suemezzo
Reviewed February 18, 2013

we stayed at the White Swan for 3 nights the first weekend in Feb. We had a great time. The hotel is nice and well decorated. It feels like an English bed and breakfast, with vintage furniture and decor. The breakfast was very nice and included multiple hot and cold choices. Service was fabulous, both during breakfast and for our room.

The hotel is at a great location, just a couple blocks off the powell cable car line and a few blocks from union square. There are many nice restaurants in the area. It was our first visit to San Francisco and we had a great time visiting all the sights we wanted to see by walking or taking the trolley. We only used our car to cross the Golden Gate bridge and visit Muir woods.

The hotel has valet service which is contracted out to another company. To use it, you park your car in one of the open spots in front of the hotel (they are marked) and then the front desk calls the valet to pick it up. there are also a couple of parking garages within 2 blocks of the hotel that offer overnight parking. they are a bit cheaper than the valet, and do not appear to be that much slower, given the time it takes to fetch the car by the valet.

We strongly recommend booking your room using the hotel's website, instead of another website like hotels.com, etc. It turned out that the room rates dropped considerably between the time we booked on hotels.com and the time we stayed there. If we had booked directly with the hotel, the front desk would have changed our rates during checkout. Because we used hotels.com, they were not able to. However, we were very impressed that the hotel manager contacted us after our stay to discuss the rate issue, and let us know that they were working with hotels.com to correct our bill. We were really impressed by this level of service and attention -- they went well out of their way to make sure we were 100% satisfied with our stay. It was clear to us that the management wanted us to be happy, and we are.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank todc
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a gem of a place near Union Square, Chinatown and Downtown. I was able to walk to all of my meetings, and the staff were helpful with directions. The rooms are big, have a working gas fireplace and are comfortable. Free sodas in the fridge, a very decent breakfast and a nice wine/cheese reception at night. I'll stay again.

Room Tip: Recommend away from street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business