If you are looking for a warm home in a Victorian Villa in San Francisco, at a TOP- location surrounded by nice restaurants, between Fishermans Wharf and Union Square, you should book a couple of nights in Washington Square Inn! We were staying in this wonderfully furnished building at the end of March for 4 nights.
Our room was not very big, but nicely furnished (antique) and with beautiful material. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom well equipped but also a bit small. As this Inn is more like a private house (only 15 rooms) than a hotel, and with extremely friendly and helpful staff, it did not bother us at all.
Breakfast is served in a room with a fireplace or as room service. Fresh fruit, yoghurt and pastries will wake you up decently. At the end of the afternoon, after a day of sightseeing, a lovely glass of wine and some tasteful snacks are served, and it gives the opportunity to meet some other guests and to share their experiences.
We were very pleased by the location of the Inn. Situated at Washington Square, a lovely park with Tai-Chi practising Japanese groups in the morning, each group with different -soft- music, gave a sense of peace and tranquility. From Washington Square you have many possibilities for public transportation. There are a lot of great restaurants in the direct neighborhood, and do go once to "the Saloon", the oldest bar in Frisco!
When you will have to leave this great place, we can recommend to take the hotel-cab to the airport. No pick up at other hotels, their very comfortable car will take you directly to the airport for 50 USD.
On the whole: We can highly recommand Washington Square Inn!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco