My wife and I spent three nights in SF this past July 2012; her first time in SF. I travel for business and did not want the usual hotel chain. Well, we could not have chosen a better place to stay. The location was perfect! Tons of restaurants options and far enough away from the tourist area, but close enough that we could walk to Fisherman;s Wharf.
The room was beautiful and full of character. Although we were right on Washington Square, which got busy at times, we had no trouble with noise or sleeping.
The highlight though was happy hour. The wine flowed and was absolutely delicious. There were enough appetizers that we skipped dinner altogether one night chatting the night away until 9PM. Maybe it was the ambiance of the sitting room. or our host, maybe just the perfect people mix, but we completely enjoyed happy hour.
Parking is offsite, but only a block away so even that wasn't an issue. Looking for a real San Francisco experience that doesn't involve the Mark Hopkins, or the St. Francis, and doesn't cost a fortune and that you will be talking about months later? This is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco