We felt very welcomed to this cozy inn, a member of Select Registry. We have stayed in other Select Registry Inns and have come to expect a certain quality of accommodation. The Washington Square Inn did not disappoint. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast, which we ordered the night before and had delivered to our room, was delicious. We especially enjoyed the fresh fruit dish, the yogurt and the croissants. This inn is set right on Washington Square near the Church of Saints Peter and Paul. A short distance uphilll from the inn is Coit Tower, on Telegraph Hill. We climbed up to the tower area just in time to see the sunset. We did not go to the top of the tower, but we did enjoy the amazing murals inside the tower. Back at the inn, we enjoyed wine and cheese, and conversed with other guests, before turning in. The inn is located on Stockton Street. If you walk south on Stockton, you will arrive in Chinatown in a few minutes. Since checkout time for the inn was at noon, we had time to walk through the markets of Chinatown in the morning before we left the inn. Washington Square Inn is not far from City Lights Books which we hope to visit next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco