The best thing this little inn has going for it is where it's located. Washington Sq is a happening area and it's also fairly close to nearby attractions. Beyond this I would probably not stay here again. The exterior is very welcoming as well as the lobby but the rooms are tiny; although you would probably expect this in the middle of San Fran. As stated in the title of my review, you will not get a full breakfast here. They leave a slip under your door which you fill out and hang on the outside handle. The menu mostly consists of granola, yogurt, toast, juice and coffee. If you're fortunate enough to be staying on the weekends then bagels and lox are an option as well. Unfortunately we checked out on a Friday and didn't have the oppurtunity to partake. I will say however that the wine, cheese and olives they offer in the afternoon were quite tasty. Another drawback is the lack of air conditioning. San Fran is not a tradintionaly hot city weather wise but we happened to be staying during a record heat wave. A high of 85 degrees doesn't sound like much but it's warm for this area, especially when you are in a small tight building with no air flowing; it felt like an oven inside. Like I said previously this place is great for it's location but not much else. If I revisit the area I will probably look to stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco