My husband and I recently spent three nights at the Washington Square Inn. While we were planning our trip (we drove to San Francisco from Seattle), we agreed that we should stay in a special place for the San Francisco portion. The Washington Square Inn did not disappoint. As soon as we arrived, Josiane told me how to get to the garage the inn uses. I was pretty stressed out since my husband was waiting in the care out front. But, in fact, the process was very easy. Jonathan took our bags and put them in our room so we would not have to carry them. When we returned from the garage, we availed ourselves of the many goodies provided every afternoon. The food and wine were wonderful. Our breakfasts were fantastic, too. There was an impressive array of choices, and we enjoyed every bite (and sip -- there was plenty of fresh juice and coffee, too). ALL of the staff members were lovely, including the owner, with whom we chatted on a couple of occasions. Josiane, Jonathan, and Shabier were always extremely pleasant and helpful (I hope I did not misspell his name!). Our room (2) was comfortable and beautifully furnished. The inn is located in an excellent neighborhood. There is plenty going on there, but we truly walked all over the city. It's a great base. I can't wait to return to San Francisco. Until I do, I will enthusiastically recommend the Washington Square Inn to others; we look forward to staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco