“Definitely would stay there again”
Review of Queen Anne Hotel

Queen Anne Hotel
Ranked #79 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Beautiful old hotel with nice big rooms, and friendly people. Perfect for those who like their hotels to be a bit more interesting. Hotel is on a good location too, especially if you like Japanese food, since Japantown is just a block or two away.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
QueenAnneHotel, Director of Sales at Queen Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank You Lennie, We're glad you appreciated the Queen Anne's unique qualities. We also love being next to JapanTown where there's great deals on Japanese products and all the fresh and tasty Sushi, Sashimi, & Shabu Shabu your heart desires!

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Although the public parking lot was not guarded or locked, we parked the motorcycle covered for three nights and had no issues. We had a large room with two beds, a closet, dresser, and fireplace. The large windows opened for fresh air. The concierge saved me $42 on transportation to the airport by explaining which bus to take to get to the train that would take me to the airport!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank You Michele! We hope you and your motorcycle will come back to visit us one day. It must be quite a thrill to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge up into Marin or down the coast via Monterrey and Carmel to BigSur, or even Hearst's Castle. If one has a flight going out in the morning we also have a complimentary local car service that will deliver you to the nearest BART station. Please stay safe on the road and enjoy your summer!!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Quite an old building that is tastefully decorated for the period. Room was large with two queen sized beds. Decor was showing wear and tear but the room and bathroom were clean. Dry sherry served gratis at 4:00 might not be to everyones taste but the cookies were delicious. Check in was fast and staff friendly and helpfull. Overall a pleasent stay

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gomin

Thank you for staying with us Gomin. Fast check ins and check outs are the rule at small hotels like ours. There's rarely a line more than 1 other person ahead of you. When you arrive to San Francisco, you want to explore right away, not stand in a queue behind 20+ other people!

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because of the location to a great restaurant across the street. We enjoyed our stay as much as the dinner. The Victorian feel of the hotel was warm and inviting with two fireplaces in the parlor and plenty of seating to sit and enjoy. Rooms were spacious .

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank GFinchum
QueenAnneHotel, Director of Sales at Queen Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for letting others know about our fabulous Parlor and features of the Queen Anne!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

It was explained to me that this hotel was once a girl's boarding school.It has old world charming woodwork and furnishings from the past. The lobby is delightful and at 4 PM daily they serve homemade cookies, sherry, tea and coffee. The staff is is able to help you with places to see, tours and transportation.The continental breakfast was huge and provided many choices of all food groups.
My only problem was with the bedroom, a standard queen/king and bath as they were extremely small. The bedding was comfortable, but old and warn. The Queen size bed had king size bedding, Perhaps that is why it was listed queen/king.There were 3 well used pillows on the bed and I asked for a 4th. It was delivered, but had such a terrible odor that I had to ask for a replacement. There were only 2 bath towels in the bathroom and I asked and received 2 more. On day 3 I asked that they be replaced and received only 2 in return.
Now my main problem; I booked though Booking. com as it was presented as a special value. On my first day at the Queen Anne I heard the desk clerk make a reservation for a "Superior" queen/king for $50. a day LESS than I had paid. I had seen a superior room in passing and it was far superior to wait I was given for more money. I approached the manager with this and he told me that room rates change on a daily basis and he would not give me a larger room.
My advise if you choose to stay here is to book directly through the hotel and get prices for both rooms before you make a decision. Then call back the next day to see if the prices have changed. The room size and linen and bedding problems were a negative to my say there.
My "very good" rating is due to the ambiance, the staff and the food offered.
The parking lot across the street is an affordable plus for anyone with a car.
I will not use Booking.com again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank newbeSC

Dear newbeSC,

Thank you for your high rating despite rate issue. Very glad that you enjoyed yourself overall. We have a formula to distribute rates fairly but without knowing who the other caller was, it's hard to know what factors (dates, discounts, supply/demand etc.) resulted in their rate. As much as possible, we keep prices very competitive so our guests receive the best value, always appreciating when our guests call us directly. Hope to see you again soon. Please let us know in advance so we can check for special considerations to make.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel had a good combination of price and location. The staff was very friendly and the service was as advertised. The only "down" side is that it feels old; like it needs some freshening up. We like antiques and hotels with them. This one will not disappoint, but I think the rugs may need a little attention. I would definitely stay again and recommend it unless you have "sensitivities" or maybe allergies.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much. We're so glad you liked us. Our carpet on the main level is brand new and producing some fuzz balls as new carpets tend to do. Otherwise we are doing our best to care for the period antiques and furnishings. Our aim to make guests as comforatable as possible and feel as though they've stepped back in time to the wildly romantic Victorian era.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to San Francisco for years and this was my first time not staying in union square. Not disappointed! Great location, very friend staff, comfortable rooms, and still close to everything. It was very easy to walk every where and the restaurant next door was fabulous! We loved our room and slept soundly. Only draw back to the 4th floor was the water pressure for the shower. Otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Leigh L

So delighted that you ventured uptown from Union Square to discover the Queen Anne! Your 5 point review is tremendously kind and we are honoured more than words can say! Please have good travels and come back and see us soon.