Parker Guest House
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
$208
$189
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$176
$299
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$416
$254
$274
$218
  • Bar/Lounge
1,016 results
All reviewsdolores parkother guestschurch streetthe main housecastro and missionsun roomhome away from homecastro areasteam roomnoe valleymuni lineyogurtsocial hourbed and breakfastcommon areasa great place to stayevening wine
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Happily, I only stayed one night here in this overpriced, fussy and ultimately disappointing B&B. I booked the "Jr. King Suite" at $270 (includes tax) and expected a lot more than a bed, a small couch and a patio that overlooked a busy street complete with homeless people leaning over the gate for a donation. The view also faced a run-down school yard across the street and busy traffic.

There was an empty amenity basket (for soaps, shampoos) in the bathroom and had to call the front desk to replenish it. The sheets were so wrinkled that I wondered if they were changed from the previous visit. The bathroom had mold on the tiles. So much for the detailed oriented, loving care of the B&B.

Our hosts made a big deal over the included breakfast (cold cereal and bagels that came and went fast) and the "cocktail hour" (cheap white wine served for exactly an hour); both were let-downs -- and NOTHING special, especially considering the price tag.

As mentioned, I stayed one night after I made a booking mistake on my longer stay accommodation (I rented an apartment which, by comparison, was a superb value).

My advice: save your money and rent an apartment or another conventional hotel. So many of these "gay" themed B&B in gay neighborhoods really do often times disappoint; they have an automatic audience and exploit it. This B&B was a classic example.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Micknyny
Reviewed April 30, 2007

My partner and myself stayed at the Parker 20th - 29th April 2007.
This is one of the best places I have ever stayed for a holiday. The place is personal, warm, friendly - right in the heart of the Castro and a real delight. Superb decoration, fantastically comfortable bed, clean, light and welcoming. I really can't praise this place too much. The staff are wonderful, particularly Arnold, Robert, Keith and Jonathan (these are the only ones I remember working there that we met, so apologies if I missed anyone) and Bob and Bill, the hosts, are warm and helpful and make you feel right at home. The very pleasant garden, steam room (impeccably clean) and all public areas are tasteful and comfortable. We will hopefuly return for another visit and will recommend the Parker to friends and anyone we know who is looking to stay in San Francisco.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonnyboyScotland
Reviewed April 17, 2007

This is one of the most fantastic places I have ever stayed at. Almost everything was perfect about it: the guest house was stunningly beautiful, the service was fantastic, the rooms were clean and the bathroom was huge. The location is perfect. I would have no hesitation about recommending this to anyone and if I go back to san francisco I will stay there again!

A note: this is a bit more pricey than the average hotel i stayed in but worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2007

My wife, three teenage children, and I stayed at Parker Guest House the first week of April. We loved it.

We were immediately greeted by a very friendly staff, checked in, and toured this beautiful B&B while our luggage was transferred to our room. Parker is tastefully decorated both inside and out, freshly cut flowers everywhere, and impeccably clean.

The rooms and beds are quite comfortable. My wife and I stayed in a king size room in the front of the building across from the train. The noise of the train is barely perceptible. The breakfast is always fresh and plentiful. We enjoyed meeting the other guests at breakfast and at the evening wine social.

The location works well with whatever it is that you like to do. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I was in SF to visit family who live in the Mission District. In the past, I have stayed across town along the Embarcadero, an area I love, but which is not terribly convenient to the Mission District. I decided to stay at the Parker based on the recommendation of a business colleague who lives in the neighborhood, and whose parents had stayed there while visiting him. I had a great experience, and would certainly stay there again.

Based on some of the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was concerned about the noise of the street cars that run down Church Street, so when I booked my reservation, I asked for a quiet room away from the street. I was given a “Deluxe Queen” room on the ground floor of the main building which was perfect (it was #19 if you’re interested). It was very well appointed, with a huge bathroom which looked like it had been recently redone, a comfortable bed, and plenty of light even though it was partially below grade. And I didn’t have any problem with noise from the street or neighbors (although in the morning I did hear footsteps in the breakfast room, which was directly above my room, but which didn’t bother me since I am an early riser anyway).

The breakfast was very good, with plenty of fresh fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels, juice and coffee, and they accommodated me by allowing my daughter to join me for breakfast the two days I was there. The breakfast room is very light, if a little small, with a great view of the garden.

A few comments for prospective guests to consider: It did not look like there was any air conditioning in my room or elsewhere; this was not a problem as it was cold and rainy the two days I was there, but it might be an issue if it is hotter outside. And don’t be put off by the fact that the hotel characterizes itself as a ‘gay hotel’ on its website. It is clearly welcoming of gay visitors, and it is, after all, in the Castro district, which speaks for itself. But I didn’t have any problem staying there (although I did not try the steam room) and it would be unfortunate if this discourages visitors who would otherwise be interested in the Parker.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo