“Friendly B&B and great location”
Review of Parker Guest House

and 1 more site!
Parker Guest House
Ranked #2 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly B&B and great location”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed 5 nights at the Parker Guest House, and I cannot recommend it enough. Beautiful building and gardens, friendly staff, walking distance to the Castro and many other places (depending on your level of fitness to deal with SF's hills!), and close to public transport for getting further afield to places like Fisherman's Wharf. Breakfast was just right for our needs - coffee, juice, cereal, fresh fruit, bagels - and I liked that the staff set it up the night before so you could grab something if you were heading out early. Our room was clean and well positioned at the back overlooking the garden - very peaceful and a good size for the money. My only really minor complaint would be that the walls are a little thin and could be sound insulated better: there was a family with a young child in the same building as us the last couple of nights we were there and we were woken up by her crying. But otherwise it was super comfortable and well-designed, with lovely communal areas for the wine social or just chilling out after a long day's sight-seeing. In short, a fab B&B, and one we will definitely use again on future visits to the city.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
Green Features: Overall good, but could be better (eg. paper recycling bins in the rooms and/or kitchens?).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Our first time in San Francisco. My husband and I stayed for a 4 nights at the Parker Guess house and it was all that we had imagined and more. The staff is amazing and they make sure you don't lack anything! Scott who I had reserved our room with was SO welcoming, warm loving and SO helpful! We felt at home right away. He explained to us how to get around, gave us maps and said if you need anything we are here for you. The room was on the smaller size but clean and with the two kitchens, two living rooms one with fire place and the 3 different areas outside to sit, we was only in our room to sleep and it was perfect. We were on the main level looking over the back yard and it was a perfect room. The grounds were beautiful and peaceful. The breakfast area over looked the backyard to a nice sitting area with lots of lush green bushes and trees. The breakfast had everything you needed. Whole wheat bread, bagels and English muffins. Always a beautiful fruit bowl and bananas. Cold and hot cereal as well as yogourt and I was especially happy to see the large greek yogourt. After a long day walking all over the city, it was so nice to come back to the Parker guess house and felt like coming back home where you could sit relax outside or join in with other guest for the social hour and have a glass of wine. I cannot say enough about our stay there. We had such a good time. One evening as it got cool we moved inside by the fire place and living room area and just sat relax and had a drink. We had never been to a B&B and it was a perfect choice and will definitely come back! Thank you for making our first trip to San Francisco such a delight.

Room Tip: Our room was on the main level, the queen size bed with private bath and it looked over the gazebo a...
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Lovely lovely rooms, staff are so friendly and helpful. Great location, not even a 5 minute walk to public transportation that will take you to all the attractions, Union Square, FisherMans Wharf etc.

Breakfast is supplied in the mornings, cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, yogurt, fresh juice, tea coffee.

Met some lovely friendly people also staying.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely. I would splash out and go for the Deluxe King :) . We also stayed in the Econo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed 6 nights & I had a nice stay there & I love the Mission district. However, my room was on the ground floor & between people walking above me (I was right underneath the kitchen in the second building) & I was right near the stairs where people were up & down the steps. I would have loved to sleep in at least one day but it's so loud, it's not really an option. I would love to stay here again, I'll make sure I'm in the main building way in the back. The location is awesome found great restaurants & I loved Valencia St. Hopefully Delores Park will be done their construction when I come visit again. The staff was very attentive & the continental breakfast was really good!!! I will be there to visit again!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the bottom floors!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Recently returned from a 5 night stay at the Parker and had a lovely time. Found the staff the be very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a standard double room at the rear of the guesthouse which was quiet and well presented. The lounge areas and garden are delightful & peaceful. Breakfast was good and if there is anything to be very very picky on that could be improved it's adding a savoury choice to the fruits yoghurts and pastries. I would highly recommend the Parker for when your in San Francisco.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Duncan0104
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I was in town for several days for a scientific conference. I booked two rooms, one for myself, and one for my graduate student. We had very comfortable accomodations, and really appreciated the convenience to the Moscone Center. Just a quick trip on the Muni to the Moscone Center.

The grounds are lovely and provided a great respite from our conference. Breakfast was terrific, and I really appreciated the coffee setup available before breakfast - a great benefit for early risers coming from the eastern time zone. Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Just perfect in every way. This is my new place to stay when I'm in SF.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We spent four nights here in May and found it to be located in a perfect place. The staff was superb and the facilty was extremely clean and well appointed! We would definitely stay here again! Overall friendly place to stay!

Room Tip: The junior suite is great!