“A little Piece of Heaven in a Big City”
Review of Parker Guest House

and 1 more site!
Parker Guest House
Ranked #2 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, CA
“A little Piece of Heaven in a Big City”
Reviewed January 16, 2008

The Parker Guest House is a beautiful place to get away to San Francisco and experience the "Big City" while stille being able to relax and unwind at night.
The hotel is well run, friendly staff, amazingly clean with very comfortable beds and well decorated rooms.
The wonderfully landscaped gardens create an Oasis in the heart of San Francisco.
Just minutes away from the cute Castro district, it is also easy to take many of the various forms of public transportation that the city is known for to any part of this beautiful city by the bay.
I would highly recommend the Parker House for anyone who wants luxury without having to deal with a stuffy, impersonal hotel chain.
The owners are hands on and there to help with any guests needs.
Stay at the Parker House and your San Francisco getaway will go off without a hitch!!

• Liked — The Lovely Gardens/ Great Guest Rooms/ Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing!
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Carmel, California
Reviewed January 7, 2008

This is a charming B & B with tastefully appointed rooms and friendly, helpful staff. Easy access to sights in SF via streetcar. Great value!

Stayed December 2007
BosBilly
Reviewed December 5, 2007

This was my first stay at the Parker. I planned it for the end of my recent CA business trip in which I stayed two nights and found the experience enjoyable. I have no major complaints except something I didn't expect was how noise travels... the walls are not that thick and I could hear hallway doors closing and some conversation [guess I am a light sleeper!]. Though the place was fully booked but it never seemed it. The other guests I met were all friendly, some even wanting to socialize outside of the hotel.

The complimentary breakfast was nice.. I am not sure what others expected but I was pleased, it included fresh cut fruit every morning!

The location is excellent, though for cold nights the walk to/from the Castro bars is a bit chilly. I bet it is fabulous during other times of the year. I also experienced that there are many nice restaurants in the immediate area, right on Church St! And for those late owls... Sparky's is open 24 hours. Good dinner type food at reasonable prices.

The best attribute of this hotel establishment is the staff. Very nice and always willing to help.

The only suggestions I would make to the owners/staff is to extend the Steam room hours, it is only open from 4-10 pm every night, the time most guest are already out on the town. A big plus would be if they had a jacuzzi... a couple of other guests noted that we are not used to all of the walking and our legs could use the water therapy!

Hope this review helps... I look forward to staying there again!

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank BosBilly
RI
Reviewed November 7, 2007

All in all, the Parker House was a great place to stay. Although some of the reviews on here are quite "nitpicky" to say the least, I certainly had no problems with any of the staff or accomodations. Staff was friendly, other guests were great, me and my partner especially liked the breakfast and the wine social in the afternoon. The room and entire complex was spotless and well manicured. We have stayed there twice during October, and we would recommend it to all. Please don't listen to the picky queens on here, who have certain issues with this guest house. They are probably miserable people anyway. :)

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank muscledbiker
London
Reviewed October 25, 2007

I stayed here in September for a 10 days and the place is first class. The place was as clean as a whistle and the service from all the staff first class. The value for money is fantastic and the rear courtyard is great. Although I had friends in San Francisco I stayed here on my own and felt really at home and the other guests were all really friendly. Do not miss staying at this place.
The only thing I would say is that I had one of the cheaper rooms at the front which was quite noisy because of the trams, I suggest you spend a bit more and do not stay at the front of the building. You always get what you pay for!

Stayed September 2007
Seaford, Delaware
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Close friends who were getting married on 8/19/07 booked me into The Parker House. I am picky and notice everything. I could not believe how beautiful and well kept the gardens were when I checked in on 8/15/07. My delight continued when I went inside to register. The registration desk is in a beautiful room with carved woodwork and cieling beams, and builtin cabinets. I was taken to my room which is one of their deluxe rooms. It was absolutely beautiful and well appointed. The room had large windows that let in wonderful light and cool breezes. Heavy lined drapes hung on the windows with sheers behind them. The drapes were an embossed fabric reminiscent of damask. There was a king size bed with a wonderful mattress; an entertainment center and an armoire. A marble top table with very comfortable armchairs were positioned in the middle of the windows that looked down onto Church Street. The room has a large private bath with a large window. The bathroom floor was covered with a beautiful green tile. The walls were white tile with green bullets. I loved the shower because the water pressure is unbelievable and the shower head seemed to airrate the water. The entire guest house is immaculate. This is due to the fabulous staff. They are courteous, efficient and helpful. The morning breakfast is continental with wonderful coffee and the afternoon wine gathering fun. The Parker House is convenient to public transportation and a pleasant walk to Castro and Market Streets. There is nothing bad that I can say about The Parker House. I will always stay there on future trips to San Francisco, and highly recommend it to friends, family and business associates.

• Liked — The efficiency of the staff and beauty of the accomodations.
  • Disliked — There was nothing that I did not like.
  • Stayed August 2007
2 Thank MostHappyGuy
San Diego
Reviewed July 31, 2007

This is my fifth stay at the Parker House. With each trip I feel more at home in this superb B&B. The owners (who are on-site most of the time) and staff are uniformly friendly and accommodating. The premises are "squeaky" clean, and the expanded continental breakfast fits all needs. A complimentary afternoon happy hour helps the guests connect with each other if they choose to. (I've made some lasting friendships over a glass of wine on the porch.) I've stayed in hotels & B&B's all over the world, but never have I found a property which exceeds the friendly ambience of the Parker House. For example, on my most recent visit, I was several hours early (thanks to the unpredictibility of my travel arrangements), but the room was ready, and I was graciously welcomed. I know "home away from home" is a tired cliche, but in this case it really fits!

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo