1,308 results
All reviews union square elks lodge complimentary sherry great location post street ceiling fan around the corner cable car there is no air conditioning charming hotel front desk staff half block tea and coffee valet parking street noise nob hill central location
Reviewed September 7, 2018

For those who say this is an old hotel - yes it is - but so is the Farimont, the Westin and The Drake. It has the same oldey-worldey charms just on a much smaller scale. It a very comfortable, homey older style hotel with modern touches - like the bed which is so comfy. Yes, there be a few little things yet to be upgraded but they are working on it. The hotel is in a safe area in the center of everything - even a theater and restaurant downstairs - lovely rooms upstairs. Highly recommended.
Thanks to the staff - Mario, Tevin, Andrew, Giovanni - all who helped me with everything I wanted/needed for a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank MyNo1place
SueL2561, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Dear Myno1place,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvior and gave us a 5 stars ranking. I am so glad to hear you loved your stay with us, I will share your kind word with Mario, Tevin, Andrew and Giovanni. I also want to thank you for taking your time to talk to me in the lobby regarding the hotel and other improvement we could have done better to improve our guest's experience. My team and I can't wait to see you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

I stayed in this hotel in August 2018 and the hotel staff really made the extra step to make our stay really great by being very helpful to us. Besides that the room was really nice with a large bed and a decent bath room. there was free coffee and tea on the 11th floor.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Cindy_from_BOZ

Dear Cindy_from_BOZ,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvisor and gave us a 5 stars ranking. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your kind word with the rest of my team. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

A lovely old finished hotel with great staff who upgraded our room after booking.com cancelled our reservation without notifying us. We ended up in a huge suite with a beautiful big comfortable king bed and a kitchenette and separate living area. We also had three toilets. Our adult sons unfortunately had to share a king bed between them in their own room but they were happy. Good location, in the middle of a great spot in town. No breakfast available there and no pool or gym unfortunately.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank erica6634

Dear erica6634,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvisor and giving us a 5 stars ranking. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our Royal Suite after a little incident with your booking, and I am glad we were able to make up the situation. We hope you will see you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I was a little leery about staying near the Tenderloin but the area around the hotel was very safe. We walked to many places nearby that were towards Union Square and never even saw a homeless person. Last time I was in SF, some were pretty aggressive so since I was taking my grandkids, I didn't want them to be panhandled. The rooms were bigger than I expected from an older hotel. It was very charming and the front desk were very good. The only negative thing was the valet parking. First of all, it's $60 w/tax; which I expect is the going rate. It's hard to find parking in the front when checking in and you had better be ready to drive off when your car arrives from valet otherwise you could be blocking traffic. I don't really consider this the hotel's fault but with my family there and 4 cars and they all came down at once; it created a problem. Lots of honking and lots of stress for drivers trying to get some where. But over all really nice hotel. I would stay again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank KATINCIBOLO
Sue L, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Dear KATTINCIBOLO,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvisor and gave us a 5 star ranking. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as well as in the city, but I am sorry to hear your parking experience with us. Our hotel is located in the center of union square, so the traffic could be a little bit intense and congested. However, I will bring up the issue to my contracted valet company to avoid any stress to our guests who are parking their cars with us. I look forward to seeing you again in our hotel during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

My experience at The Kensington Park Hotel was very good. Even the hotel being old, the room was in great condition and always cleaned. The bathroom seemed to have been renovated a short time ago, and was in great condition. The hotel employees were very responsive, friendly and attentive. The location is perfect for anyone looking for a place close to Union Square.
My only suggestion would be a minibar in the room.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank MarceloV2641

Dear Marcelo V,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comment with us on TripAdvisor and gave us a 5 star ranking. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently upgrading all the furniture in the room and putting a mini fridge in each room, so we will take your suggestion as consideration to have a minibar in the room. We look forward to see you again during your visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.