$337
$176
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $237/night.

$199
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

$216
$205
Westin.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $353/night.

$192
$170
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

$196
$179
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $259/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$221
$215
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $285/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$244
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
$231
$206
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

$459
$359
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $421/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$479
$220
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $342/night.

1,284 results
All reviewsunion squareelks lodgecomplimentary sherrygreat locationpost streetceiling fanaround the cornercable carthere is no air conditioningcharming hotelfront desk staffhalf blocktea and coffeestreet noisecentral locationtwo double bedsnob hill
Reviewed June 19, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Kensington Park hotel for 4 nights and we couldn't fault it. The location couldn't have been better. Walking distance f rom the cable car pick up, with Macy's, Tiffiany's and the main shopping Mall all within easy walking distance. The hotel was very clean and the staff extremely helpful. The rec eption staff were delighted to offer advice on any questions we posed to them.

The reception area is a little quirky and their afternoon ritual of complimentary sherry was an unusual offering, although i must say it was a nice way to meet up with other guests staying in the hotel as it turned into a little social gathering,

Our room was spacious and very clean the only down side we found was that the garbage collection and street cleaning was done during the early hours of the morning and our room was directly above this area making it very noisy. Luckly it wasn't every day, and it didn't last for too long.

The hotel has a theatre which seems to be well attended and the restaurant next door, (access through the reception area) is very good. In fact all of the restaurants in San Francisco we ate at were of a very high standard.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsMUnitedKingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2009

This was my first trip to San Francisco and I didn't really know what to expect or where to stay..... I did a little research online and we stayed at The
Kensington Park Hotel...... WOW!!! Great lobby with free evening tea & sherry. Great beds, large flat screen TV's and the shower had great water pressure!! 1 block to Union Square...... all of this and the price was affordable for a large city.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Deb1956
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I always stay at this hotel when I am in town and recommend it to colleagues and friends as well. It is a perfect location - just steps from Union Square. The Powell Street Bart station is just a few blocks away, so those coming from the San Francisco airport can save themselves the price of a cab or shuttle! The hotel is in an Elks Club building, and still maintains an air of "clubiness" - old world European charm. Tea and Sherry in the afternoon at the hotel is a delightful touch. The rooms are pleasant, clean and although you may hear some street noise (ask for earplugs at the front desk, just in case), I have NEVER been bothered by noise from the hallway, adjoining rooms, etc. This hotel seems to attract a respectful clientele. Hint: For your morning coffee, go down to the corner Borders bookstore and visit their 2nd floor coffee shop. Grab a seat by the window, which directly overlooks Union Square, and enjoy people-watching at its finest!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Rita95403
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Everyone knows that traveling can be expensive. On tight budgets, oftentimes the first place you cut is your hotel quality because all you really need is a place to lay your head at night. However, this can be one of the most important parts of your trip. Who wants to share their bed with bedbugs or mites after a long day of sightseeing? That can truly ruin a good time, don'tcha think?

My experience at Kensington Park Hotel in San Francisco has been wonderful. It is one of the Personality Hotels in SF and is located at 450 Post Street, right in the heart of Union Square. I stayed there in November 2008 for a couple of nights and again on my recent weeklong adventure from May 5-11, 2009.

Why'd I go back? First off, the price was right. Obviously, from looking at its website, Kensington Park can be a bit high for most budgets. However, remember that you're in SF and that everything is pretty expensive. I got a great deal for air and hotel from Honolulu so I booked it right away. There were other air/hotel deals out there (believe me, I combed all the usual sites and then some), but when Kensington popped up within my budget, I jumped at the chance to stay there again.

What I learned last fall is that their beds are truly heavenly, especially after a day of walking up and down hills or in and out of stores. I have never slept on a bed better than this one, and this includes my own bed at home. I don't even know how to describe it to you. It's just the right firmness and softness to ease your aching body to sleep every night. You melt into the comforter and are engulfed by softness.

Another good quality about this hotel is that the staff is very accommodating. My flight arrived at 5:55 a.m. and by the time I got to the city it was around 7:15 a.m. Despite this ungodly hour, the staff allowed me and my BFF to check in way ahead of schedule. (When we called to double check that they had our reservations, we put in a request for early check-in but they said they couldn't guarantee anything.) I can only imagine that either we looked pretty had-it from the red-eye flight out of Honolulu or that the staff was very, very accommodating. I like to believe the latter but cannot be sure.

The room we were given (#4 on the fifth floor) was a bit smaller than the one we received on our last trip. However, this could also be because we were only two people and last fall we had three. Even though the room and bathroom were smaller than before, they were still very satisfactory. Everything was clean, which was a definite plus. There was no mold, mildew or hair in the bathroom. The beds were made and everything seemed to be in order. For a peek at the rooms, check out their website. Yes, those are probably professionally done pictures and no doubt are enhanced with a little help from Photoshop. But, trust me. That's exactly what the rooms look like, if not just a tad less bright and vibrant. Still, the beds and rooms definitely live up to the PR/marketing hype of the website.

Another good thing about the staff is that they're very friendly. I hate to admit it, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the guy at the front desk. There were actually three different people at the front desk at different times of the day and night. However, the night shift/early morning guy definitely stood out. He's the guy who checked us in (this time and last time if I remember right). Every time he saw us, he'd greet us with a big smile and address us by our names. Yeah, he actually remembered our names! Amazing when the hotel seemed to be almost fully booked. This kind of customer service is a sign that Kensington Park is really going the extra mile for its guests.

If you're not convinced by now to try this hotel on your next SF visit, let me add that it's only a skip away from all the shops at Union Square, steps away from the Muni (cable car and buses) and just a couple of blocks up from BART. The location is hot, hot, hot. So definitely try Kensington Park Hotel because it's fit for royalty.

--------------------------------
Check out:

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank skycastles808
Reviewed May 14, 2009

We stayed at the Kensington Park for 2 nights. The location is perfect, walking
distance to many restaurants, shopping and cable cars. It was nice to have the
personal service and touches of a smaller boutique hotel. The staff were very
helpful with transportation and restaurant suggestions. We faced the street and
did get some street noise but you are in downtown San Francisco, same as any
large city. Would absolutley come back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends