we stayed 3 nights and our email request for a quiet room was applied, on the 9th floor in a tiny 2-door hallway, away from the main corridor - we were street side and there was a little noise, but nothing too bad ..
the 2 double beds were comfy, the mattresses slightly on the softer side, which i prefer, the room and bathroom were clean .. exactly what i look for in a hotel .. there is no window view in particular, but i don't stay in my room looking out of the window .. it's located in a beautiful art deco building and the lift alone is worth the visit !
complimentary coffee and juice in the morning (no breakfast) and tea and sherry in the afternoon is available .. i booked via booking.com and contrary to other hotels i have stayed at, the fact i booked through a third party engine didn't appear to give me a lesser service .. :)
the staff at the reception were really very friendly and helpful and are the heart and soul of this hotel .. the location is perfect, within walking distance from the powell BART station (one way $8.80 p.p. which i found quite expensive) that goes straight to sfo airport, although the concierge proposed and we accepted the shared shuttle van for 16$ p.p. for our return journey, the hotel is right by union square and powell street, and between u and me the best sushi place in town is a 5 min walk away - sanraku on sutter street - best tamago i have ever eaten .. but now i am sidetracking !
the only (minor) cons are :
- small room on the dark side, so small that we could only put our 2nd suitcase in front of the little fridge cupboard, which condemned its access (too much furniture in the room)
- the lack of electric sockets (only one on the bedside lamp)
sfo hotels are expensive, but if the price is right i would definitely stay here again ..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary Coffee and Tea Service with Italian Biscotti on the 9th and 11th floors. Complimentary WIFI access throughout the entire hotel. Complimentary Business Self-Service Desk in the lobby with computer access and printer. Complimentary Hot Tea and water in the lobby from 730A to 6PM. Complimentary Sherry in the lobby daily 4P to 6P. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Kensington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Park Hotel
- Kensington Park San Francisco