“Lovely hotel, great location, friendly staff”

The Kensington Park Hotel
Ranked #78 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I couldn't fault this hotel. The decor is beautiful. Room was big, shower was fantastic. Staff were friendly and we loved the complimentary sherry that was served each afternoon! Close to all the great shops and great bars and restaurants nearby too!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear hanburger999,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We greatly appreciate your kind words and review. It is our wish to provide you with the best service possible.
I am thrilled to hear your stay was enjoyable and friendly. I am glad you join us for a glass of sherry and you loved it.

We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Kensington Park Hotel

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My sister & I stayed over at the Kensington Park last weekend and were very pleased with the hotel. The check-in was easy and the staff is friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and confortable. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room, but there were plenty of places to get morning coffee in the neighborhood. The KP is conviently located near Union Square and the high-end stores. The cable car runs on Powell St., the nearest intersection to the hotel. There is a concierge in the lobby if you want to arrange a tour or just get some local info. I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear gai-jin001,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We’re thrilled to hear that you and your sister enjoyed your time Kensington Park.

We are pleased to hear that the service was friendly; the room was clean and comfortable.
We strive to provide our guests with historic beauty and modern conveniences.

Thank you for providing so many details and insights for future visitors.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed for 3 nice. The location is great, next to Union Square and ,even better for us, on the sight seeing bus tour route which we used to get around. The reception staff were very helpful. The room was clean and a good size. We parked our car here which at $50 a day was expensive but I believe that's par for the course in San Fran. It was our first visit to San Francisco and we'd looked at staying at Fisherman's Wharf. Having now visited both places I'm pleased we stayed near Union Square instead.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear lisa1403,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff was friendly.
I am pleased that you thought our location is convenient.

Hotel valet parking is $40.00 plus 14% tax for standard vehicles and $45.00 plus 14% tax for over size vehicles per night, but you are absolutely correct is part of San Francisco.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after landing from the uk.

We were greeting by a nice bloke working on reception , who sorted everything for us very promptly and without hassle. The room was very nice and also perfectly clean.

The hotel is in a great location and a block or 2 from the hire car places.

Not a bad word to say

• Stayed: June 2013
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Realmarkwalker,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate the recognition of our staff efforts to provide quality and friendly service, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great Location

We stayed at the Kensington Park Hotel for three nights at the start of our multi centre holiday, the location of this hotel was perfect for us, time square and the Cable Cars where literally one minute walk away, check in was very quick and the staff we met were very friendly and helpful, glad to give us a map and directions to all the attractions we wanted to see.

We requested a room with a nice view which we definitely got, the room was clean, a good size with a very comfortable beds. The whole hotel was very quiet, we didn't hear any noise even though our room was located near the lifts. There is complimentary WiFi which was good and easy to connect to. The hotel offers complimentary tea, coffee and juice in the morning which was a nice little touch, they also offer refreshments in the evening.

We spent very little time in the hotel as there is so much to see and do in San Francisco but if we ever return we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Kensigton Hotel for 3 nights while visiting San Francisco. The hotel has a great location - 5 short blocks to the Bart (metro system) and the first/last stop on the cable car lines. We checked in around 11:30pm and were greeted warmly at the front desk. All the employees of the hotel that we met were very friendly and helpful. The hotel also offers valet parking for a cost of $40/day (expensive but worth it if you are arriving late and don't want to bother to find something on your own). The room is a good size and was kept clean. The wifi was easy to connect to. If you want a central location, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear butterfly50538,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am thrilled to hear you experience our excellent service and hospitality.

I can certainly agree that our location is very convenient to all of your shopping needs, not to mention a short distance walk to restaurants and theaters.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was in town for work for a week in July. My company made me reservations here, approximately 8 blocks from their office. I got in really late at night and the front desk person was really helpful and welcoming. I got to my room (on the 12th) floor and was pleasantly surprised. The room had a large queen sleigh bed and a view of the hill and buildings. The bed was very comfortable with large feather pillows and a nice down comforter. There was also an extra furry blanket for those cold San Fran nights.
I did not take advantage of the coffee, tea, or sherry because I was at work during those times, but I did take advantage of the car service. Bob the Concierge was great. He was able to call and get their car to take me to work the first two days and it was free, because it was within the financial district. Definitely helpful if you are walking around in heels!
I loved the charm of the hotel. Made to feel like you are in the 1920's. It could use a little work in some spots, you can tell its worn, but I think this just added to the charm. I would recommend and will probably stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear sparklintan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am so thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide exceptional service. The staff at Kensington Park Hotel thrives to offer the best service we can possibly deliver to our guests and comments such as yours motivates us even more. I will pass on your nice comments to Bob. I am sure he will appreciate the mention.

I appreciate the description of our room and amenities; I couldn’t have said it any better.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.