$334
$176
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $236/night.

$451
$359
RitzCarlton.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $430/night.

$205
Westin.com
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $322/night.

$199
$196
$179
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $283/night.

$233
$206
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$244
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $308/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$275
$269
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $299/night.

$231
$206
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $279/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$481
$220
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $338/night.

1,284 results
All reviewsunion squareelks lodgecomplimentary sherrygreat locationpost streetceiling fanaround the cornercable carthere is no air conditioningcharming hotelfront desk staffhalf blocktea and coffeestreet noisecentral locationtwo double bedsnob hill
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great Location

We stayed at the Kensington Park Hotel for three nights at the start of our multi centre holiday, the location of this hotel was perfect for us, time square and the Cable Cars where literally one minute walk away, check in was very quick and the staff we met were very friendly and helpful, glad to give us a map and directions to all the attractions we wanted to see.

We requested a room with a nice view which we definitely got, the room was clean, a good size with a very comfortable beds. The whole hotel was very quiet, we didn't hear any noise even though our room was located near the lifts. There is complimentary WiFi which was good and easy to connect to. The hotel offers complimentary tea, coffee and juice in the morning which was a nice little touch, they also offer refreshments in the evening.

We spent very little time in the hotel as there is so much to see and do in San Francisco but if we ever return we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Kensigton Hotel for 3 nights while visiting San Francisco. The hotel has a great location - 5 short blocks to the Bart (metro system) and the first/last stop on the cable car lines. We checked in around 11:30pm and were greeted warmly at the front desk. All the employees of the hotel that we met were very friendly and helpful. The hotel also offers valet parking for a cost of $40/day (expensive but worth it if you are arriving late and don't want to bother to find something on your own). The room is a good size and was kept clean. The wifi was easy to connect to. If you want a central location, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear butterfly50538,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am thrilled to hear you experience our excellent service and hospitality.

I can certainly agree that our location is very convenient to all of your shopping needs, not to mention a short distance walk to restaurants and theaters.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Lilia Calvario

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was in town for work for a week in July. My company made me reservations here, approximately 8 blocks from their office. I got in really late at night and the front desk person was really helpful and welcoming. I got to my room (on the 12th) floor and was pleasantly surprised. The room had a large queen sleigh bed and a view of the hill and buildings. The bed was very comfortable with large feather pillows and a nice down comforter. There was also an extra furry blanket for those cold San Fran nights.
I did not take advantage of the coffee, tea, or sherry because I was at work during those times, but I did take advantage of the car service. Bob the Concierge was great. He was able to call and get their car to take me to work the first two days and it was free, because it was within the financial district. Definitely helpful if you are walking around in heels!
I loved the charm of the hotel. Made to feel like you are in the 1920's. It could use a little work in some spots, you can tell its worn, but I think this just added to the charm. I would recommend and will probably stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear sparklintan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am so thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide exceptional service. The staff at Kensington Park Hotel thrives to offer the best service we can possibly deliver to our guests and comments such as yours motivates us even more. I will pass on your nice comments to Bob. I am sure he will appreciate the mention.

I appreciate the description of our room and amenities; I couldn’t have said it any better.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
Lilia Calvario

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have just spent two nights at the Kensington Park Hotel. The hotel and rooms were clean and well maintained. The beds were comfy, even though I stayed in a fold out bed. As there was a problem with our reservation.

They do not offer a breakfast service, complementary tea and coffee can be found on the 9th floor between certain times in the morning.

If you are wanting to grab something for breakfast or lunch there are plenty of places on Powell street to grab something. Just turn left outside the hotel.

Powell street is also where you'll find Union Square. This is a great shopping place. Here you can find most stores including Saks and Macy's.

If you are wanting to get around the city to other parts, there is a cable car nearby, or if you take a 10min walk to market street you can pick up the bus or metro to take you down to the waterfront.

If you are visiting San Francisco for the first time, I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I, along with our 18 year old granddaughter, stayed here in June, 2013. As an Elk's member we were able to get a reduced price of $209/night. The facility only has double beds or 1 queen bed rooms. As there were 3 of us, we had to accept a room with 2 double beds. Though the room is small (it is quite adequate for 2 person's) it was clean, nice view and most importantly conveniently located about 1/2 block from Union Square, the cable car line, and within easy walk to the entrance to the BART, which we rode to and from the airport. They have citrus flavored water (nice to fill up your water bottle) and tea in the morning with sherry from 4-7 pm. We did not use the Valet parking ($40/day) and did not chose to wear a tie to dine at the Farallon restaurant. We will definitively use this hotel on our next visit to SF.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family