$334
$176
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

$199
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

$245
$181
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

$205
Westin.com
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $322/night.

$196
$179
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $273/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$245
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $287/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$221
$215
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $282/night.

$231
$206
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $297/night.

$557
$359
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $443/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$479
$220
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $327/night.

1,284 results
All reviewsunion squareelks lodgecomplimentary sherrygreat locationpost streetceiling fanaround the cornercable carthere is no air conditioningcharming hotelfront desk staffhalf blocktea and coffeestreet noisecentral locationtwo double bedsnob hill
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was in town for work for a week in July. My company made me reservations here, approximately 8 blocks from their office. I got in really late at night and the front desk person was really helpful and welcoming. I got to my room (on the 12th) floor and was pleasantly surprised. The room had a large queen sleigh bed and a view of the hill and buildings. The bed was very comfortable with large feather pillows and a nice down comforter. There was also an extra furry blanket for those cold San Fran nights.
I did not take advantage of the coffee, tea, or sherry because I was at work during those times, but I did take advantage of the car service. Bob the Concierge was great. He was able to call and get their car to take me to work the first two days and it was free, because it was within the financial district. Definitely helpful if you are walking around in heels!
I loved the charm of the hotel. Made to feel like you are in the 1920's. It could use a little work in some spots, you can tell its worn, but I think this just added to the charm. I would recommend and will probably stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear sparklintan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am so thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide exceptional service. The staff at Kensington Park Hotel thrives to offer the best service we can possibly deliver to our guests and comments such as yours motivates us even more. I will pass on your nice comments to Bob. I am sure he will appreciate the mention.

I appreciate the description of our room and amenities; I couldn’t have said it any better.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lilia Calvario

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have just spent two nights at the Kensington Park Hotel. The hotel and rooms were clean and well maintained. The beds were comfy, even though I stayed in a fold out bed. As there was a problem with our reservation.

They do not offer a breakfast service, complementary tea and coffee can be found on the 9th floor between certain times in the morning.

If you are wanting to grab something for breakfast or lunch there are plenty of places on Powell street to grab something. Just turn left outside the hotel.

Powell street is also where you'll find Union Square. This is a great shopping place. Here you can find most stores including Saks and Macy's.

If you are wanting to get around the city to other parts, there is a cable car nearby, or if you take a 10min walk to market street you can pick up the bus or metro to take you down to the waterfront.

If you are visiting San Francisco for the first time, I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I, along with our 18 year old granddaughter, stayed here in June, 2013. As an Elk's member we were able to get a reduced price of $209/night. The facility only has double beds or 1 queen bed rooms. As there were 3 of us, we had to accept a room with 2 double beds. Though the room is small (it is quite adequate for 2 person's) it was clean, nice view and most importantly conveniently located about 1/2 block from Union Square, the cable car line, and within easy walk to the entrance to the BART, which we rode to and from the airport. They have citrus flavored water (nice to fill up your water bottle) and tea in the morning with sherry from 4-7 pm. We did not use the Valet parking ($40/day) and did not chose to wear a tie to dine at the Farallon restaurant. We will definitively use this hotel on our next visit to SF.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlylep
Reviewed July 23, 2013

No two ways about it, SF is expensive, but if you want nice sleep, the Kensington Park Hotel at 450 Post Street will satisfy.

The KP is not as sleek as some of its more modern neighbors, but I'd be surprised if any hotel in the Union Sq. area has a more attentive staff And the hotels location puts you within walking distance to great food, drink, shopping, public transportation, Union SQ, and Chinatown.

Being an older property...the building appears of be from the 30's...your room will likely be smaller than you are expecting, but the halls are quiet, rooms extra clean, decor very nice, beds comfortable, and the linens thirsty.

The KP definitely 'gets it' when it comes to customer service. In a world where every hotel should provide free wi-fi and morning coffee/juice, the Kensington offers both. There's even refreshments and sherry in the lobby in the afternoon.

There are younger prettier properties in the area, but the Kensington Park is a very nice spot to use as your launch pad in your explorations of SF.

Room Tip: If given the choice of sq footage and corner windows....got for room size
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank portofcaller
Dimitar S, Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear portofcaller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I would like to personally thank you for your positive comments about the property and the hotel staff. We hope to welcome you back at the Kensington Park Hotel in near future.

Dimitar Stanev
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Arrived there well past midnight with my daughter due to huge delays getting in S/F airport 2 days after the plane crash. Although we had called and told them of the delay the reception person looked tired and after giving us our room key seemed very uninterested without even an offer of help with our luggage. First impressions not good.Next day our room key card did not work ,they took their time in sending 2 new ones.So in my experience service wasnt great. Polite enough with greetings as you walked past front desk but that s all.
The Hotel is very nice in the old world style with soft music playing in foyer and tea/coffee, sherry available for guests as a nice touch.
Our room with 2 very comfotable and soft beds was very small not enough space to walk around , light in entrance was out and doors banged when you closed them, they needed adjusting.
The best part of staying there was the location, very close to everything. For the right price this hotel is good enough but i feel we payed more than its worth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cleoSydney_aus

Dear cleoSydney_aus,

Thank you for staying at Kensington Park Hotel. I'm so sorry to hear that your stay was not as pleasant as you would have expected. We take guest services issues very seriously and I can assure you that we will make certain that these problems do not occur in future.

I really hope you will give Kensington Park Hotel another chance and give us the opportunity to change your impression on us. We look forward to welcoming you back at Kensington Park Hotel.

Dimitar Stanev