1,300 results
All reviewsunion squareelks lodgecomplimentary sherrygreat locationpost streetceiling fanaround the cornercable carthere is no air conditioningcharming hotelfront desk staffhalf blocktea and coffeevalet parkingstreet noisenob hillcentral location
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had chosen this hotel in San Francisco on the basis of its location - almost on Union Square - the price and the reviews on TA. And I was not disappointed.
We got a warm welcome from Joshua, the receptionist; check in was quick and efficient without being impersonal. And I must say that during the entire stay everybody in the hotel was very kind and helpful.
Reception area is very pleasant and beautifully decorated. They play classical music sofly all the time. All day long one can have coffee/tea, ice water or sherry (in the afternoon).
We stayed in room 26 on the 7th floor at the back of the building. The view from our room was nothing to write home about, but then, we didn't exactly come to SFO to stay in our room.
The room itself was OK. A good size. Clean, compact, with kingsize bed, writing desk + chair, an arm chair, 2 bedside tables, a large closet with 2 racks for the luggage.
The mattress was very comfortable; maybe too soft for some, ideal to me. Nice duvet on the bed.
Insulation between rooms was good, at least we didn't hear any neighbours, unless maybe we didn't have any.
Nothing special to say about the bathroom. Everthing one would expect from a 3/4 star hotel.
Free wifi in the room with good connection. Plenty of sockets.
What I missed in the room was a small safe and also a fridge would have been nice.
Yes, I would return to this hotel, if the price is right.

Room Tip: Higher floor at the back of the building ( very little outside noise)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dezdemona
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We booked this hotel on the strength of their website and the central location. In hindsight, we probably would have gone some further out and got a better place for the money.

They had a bad start, losing our booking information despite it being booked several months before and through their own website. Staff helpfulness was mixed - some being friendly and helpful, others seemed bored although not actually rude.

The rooms were nice but ours was very small - it was a more expensive corner room and had dual aspect views but wasn't worth the extra money. Parking is $40 a day extra and there is no breakfast. Decent enough hotel but only worth about 50% of the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dimitar S, Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my deepest apologies for the guest services issues you have encountered upon your arrival. The issues have been addressed accordingly. The room sizes vary between 270sq ft and 315sq ft. I strongly recommend an upgrade to the Royal Suite, should guests find our average room size to be too small for their needs.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will give the Kensington Park Hotel another chance in future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be delighted to assist you with your reservation.

Best regards,

Dimitar Stanev
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2013

great value and location. it is an old hotel that retains its character but with modern conveniences. bed very comfortable we did have a room at the back of the hotel that was nice and quiet, price was great. the bathroom was very small but a great tub/shower. the room did lack a full length mirror. staff was great with wonderful suggestions. I would defiantly get the 3 day bus/street car pass it was fun and easy to use. we did bike across the golden gate bridge which was a great deal of fun. a piece of advise if you want to go to Alcatraz you should make reservations at least a few weeks before you go as it is sold out for a few weeks in advance.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room they do have them.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. The location was right next to Union Square in San Francisco and 1 block from Chinatown, Macy's; 2 blocks from the end of the Cable Car line. We had a room with a King sized bed and a window that opened for nice airflow. It was the perfect location and a very nice hotel. I would definitely stay there again. (Better than staying at Fisherman's Wharf and very close to everything)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I came into our trip to San Francisco a little wary of our hotel choice, because we'd never been to the city and we wanted to be in a good area. I found Kensington Park through an offer on LivingSocial.com. We had a great stay. The king bed was comfortable and the room was really good-sized considering the age of the building. The bathroom was huge, which was the opposite of most I heard about the place in my vacation research. Dorothy and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful and polite. It's in the middle of Union Square, so it was close to a ton of shopping and restaurants. We didn't need city transit, because it was within a 15-30 minute walk from most of our destinations.

While we didn't hear much outside, the internal walls were pretty thin. Thankfully, we didn't have noisy neighbors.

The only downside to our stay was the amount of homeless people in the Union Square area. This had nothing to do with the hotel, which is unfortunate, because although we loved the hotel, we will probably stay in another part of town next time.

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor and it seemed to be quiet to the outside world.
2  Thank Jaime H