1,302 results
All reviewsunion squareelks lodgecomplimentary sherrygreat locationpost streetceiling fanaround the cornercable carthere is no air conditioningcharming hotelfront desk staffhalf blocktea and coffeevalet parkingstreet noisenob hillcentral location
Reviewed March 24, 2008

We just got back from a trip to San Francisco, CA. where we went with our "kids", who are 24 and married, and 2 - 21 yr. olds, who were on spring break. We had just been to San Jose for a wedding, where we stayed in a Marriott, so Kensington was quite a bit different, but we loved it. The staff were extra nice, & the beds were unbelievably comfortable and it was super quiet, except for the sounds of the city outside. We never were there for the complimentary cocktails in the afternoons in the lobby, but my husband & I went for a drink one night at Farallons, and was that ever spectacular, from the decor to what they served, which was a seafood bar, & jellyfish lighting. We would highly recommend this hotel, and already have, to a friend!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2008

This hotel's location can't be beat, one block away from Union Square, with an extremely reasonable price for such a big city. I stayed in a recently remodelled room. It was clean, elegant and serene. Imagine! A faux fur throw on the lovely white bed! I want to buy the pillows. Best night's sleep I've had in years. My only complaint was that the room was a bit dim. Needs better light for reading. Polite and friendly staff, the concierge was great, and the hotel called me after my stay to see if there was anything they could do to have improved my stay with them.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 22, 2008

We stayed here for the long President's Day weekend and couldn't have been more pleased. Newly renovated room on 6th floor was surprisingly quiet. Great price w/AAA discount. Centrally located @ Union Square. Friendly front desk & concierge. Small bathroom w/no fancy amenities--but very clean & expected in older boutique hotel. Comfortable beds & pillows. Flat screen TV. Didn't feel cramped even in room with 2 double beds. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2008

Nice and close to all shopping at Union Square..... that was the big plus. Everything else was average.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2008

I booked this hotel based on other Tripadvisor reviews, and stayed there for three nights in February. The location is great, the price is reasonable, and the staff are friendly. I like the idea of a boutique hotel. But there are problems. I was told I was being upgraded to a recently renovated room with a king size bed on the 11th floor. The bed was not king-size, and not particularly comfortable. Furniture was not new. It is important for me to stay in a smoke-free hotel. Although that is certainly the hotel policy, they seem incapable of enforcing it in the corridors, and the smoke comes through the door. So does sound from other guests returning to their rooms at 2am. And you can hear every time a door on the floor is closed. The heating system was a noisy radiator that banged a lot when it was turned on; the last night it did not work.
So next time I visit San Francisco, I will try somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank CalgaryMarcoPolo