“Great B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn on Castro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn on Castro
Ranked #2 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Upstate NY
“Great B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2007

I stayed for several days at the Inn on Castro in early April 2007 and loved it. There are cheaper places around (and I've tried some) but this place to me was worth the extra money. It was exceptionally clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts were outstanding. (In case it matters, I'm straight and I felt very much at home.) The proprietors were very friendly and accomodating. I stayed in the green room which had a private bathroom and shower down the hall and would most certainly stay there again.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, great breakfast, good lcoation
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Explorewithme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2006

I travelled from Australia to spend a week in San Francisco and was so pleased I chose the Inn on Castro! The location was great for enjoying the Castro nightlife and walking back afterwards, but was also a short cab ride away from other clubs and attractions. The tram/trolley car and train stops were also very close making this an ideal base for a tourist.

There was a lovely warm atmosphere, especially at breakfast where journeys and travel tips were shared amongst all the guests. Breakfast was delicious - freshly baked muffins, fresh fruit salads and a cooked dish of the day. The staff were welcoming, knowledgable and willing to provide advice and assistance.

The room was very well kept and the provision of a coffee maker and complimentary sodas/water was a lovely touch.

I recommend the Patio Suite which had a separate entrance to the main Inn, was spacious and airy and had large windows to the back garden. Also the airport shuttle was great value - the details are on the inn's website.

Thanks Jan and team for a wonderful stay!

• Liked — location, staff, warmth
  • Tips/Secrets — Use the airport shuttle, buy a City Pass voucher book - great value!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Chipinoz
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2006

Great location on Castro Street, huge apartment, friendly owners.

• Liked — Location, size of apartment
  • Disliked — No airconditioning
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank Melbourne_Female
Washington State, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2005

My partner and I spent Labor Day weekend at The Inn. The location was perfect; a half block off Market and right in the middle of the heart of the Castro. We were given a warm welcome by our host, Andrew. We were immediately offered a glass of white wine as Andrew proceeded to fill us in on the amenities of The Inn. Our wine glasses were kept full as Andrew showed us around and took us to our room. Our room was cozy but totally adequate, and it included a bedroom separate from a small living room stocked with books, fresh fruit and flowers. The room was Wi-Fi ready. We had a small fridge stocked with soda and water, and there was a coffee maker with two types of ground coffee (no extra charge). We never did have breakfast at the Inn, but I did walk in on it and saw our housemates enjoying themselves. I think we had the smallest room in the house, and it was just great, so I can only imagine the other rooms are even better. We paid around $110 a night. The only thing that made me a bit nervous was that our room had no windows to the outside, and had there been a fire, it would have greatly limited our ability to get out. The other rooms appeared to have windows to the outside, however. Great price to be right in the heart of the Castro.

• Stayed September 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Polaroider
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2005

I stayed at the Castro Inn, and I absolutely loved it. I read some reviews regarding the noise level; however, I did not experience any problems. The room was cozy and comfortable. I plan on going back. The breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank latina3928
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2005

A warm and friendly atmosphere. Jan & David, the Inn Keepers were very attentive to all my needs and were very helpful when it came giving directions and suggesting places to go and things to see in San Francisco or, if you prefer, just sit, have a glass of wine and relax. The full breakfast is excellent, made to order and included in the cost of the room.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2004

This is a wonderfully inviting, beautifully furnished inn, with sumptuous breakfast included in the cost. Located very close to rapid transit and close to many shops and restaurants.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member