$380
$207
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $255/night.

$209
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

$218
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $271/night.

InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$214
InterContinental
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $384/night.

$219
$179
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $281/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$241
$215
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $414/night.

$221
Savings alert! 56% below average rates

The price you found is 56% lower than this hotel's average rate of $443/night.

$209
$199
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $330/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$475
$220
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $432/night.

$189
$179
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $314/night.

3,815 results
All reviewsredwood roomredwood barphilippe starckunion squaretrendy hotelgeary streethotel barjunior suitetenderloinlobby arealocation is greatvalet parkingcorner roomtwo blockshipsfconcierge
Reviewed January 9, 2011

If you like pretentious hotels with indifferent staff stay here.We were at the hotel over Christmas and it was a big disappointment. My parter had to go looking for someone to serve us breakfast on Christmas morning - no greeting or waiting staff to be seen and we were made to feel like they were doing us a favour. On the plus side it's fairly handy for shops etc and we got a decent rate (which was a good job considering the poor service). Perhaps being over 40 we are in the wrong demographic for this hotel (from their point of view). The fabulous service we got everywhere else we stayed (Vegas, Washington and NYC) - all at about same rate - served to emphasize how lackluster the Clift was.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
CliftFOM, Front Office Manager at The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Dear Amad,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to hear about your staff experience. If you would give me a call at 415.775.4700 to discuss, it's important we get to the bottom of any issues with service, even if it was just someone having a "bad day" it's totally unacceptable. Normally our guests have nothing but nice things to say about our staff, they are the ones working to serve our guests every day, and need to be exemplary. I strongly feel they are best at what they do and will continue to coach them by sharing such valued feedback. On the positive side, I am glad you enjoyed our awesome location in the heart of union square. I would be more than happy to be your contact here in the future and ensure complete satisfaction.

Reviewed January 7, 2011

Great hotel with great location. I was in town for a conference. Hotel is right next to plenty of shopping, awesome restaurants. Saw some celebs while sitting in the hotel lobby. Room was very clean and spacious enough for me. Room service was great. I got the feeling they got tired of me after the 3rd night of calling for service...person on the phone sounded irritated. Other than that, i would definitely return or recommend to anyone. Beware the hotel lobby has very low lighting so it gives off this feeling of a night club or something. Even the elevators has dark lighting.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Dear Jahnay,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear you would return or recommend. If you have a chance to call me about the room service I would like to get to the bottom of your comment. Our service culture is very important to us and there is no excuse for sounding irritated. 415.775.4700, I would be happy to call you back on my dime.

Reviewed December 24, 2010

I was in the city with family to spend a day and a night to catch the Christmas spirit. The location of the hotel is great. It is a block from the Holiday Ice Rink at Union Square. There is plenty of public parking garage in the neighborhood. We parked at a place about 1.5 block from the hotel and cost only $25 for overnight parking with multiple in-and-out. Upon check in I told the concierge (Matthew) that I have kids travelling with me. Without requesting for it he automatically upgraded me to a loft with the option of a roll-in bed. The hotel service is extremely friendly, the room is spacial and the furnitures are very new and trendy. Our unit is ot the 2nd floor at the corner and we can enjoy the night life of the city but have no trouble with noise at all. I will certainly consider Clift Hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank edwardgem
CliftFOM, Front Office Manager at The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Dear Edward,
Thank you for your feedback. Concierge, Front Desk Agent, Hotel Operator, Manager... what is the difference? No matter who you come in contact with the words 'it is not my job' are never spoken at Clift. We look forward to seeing you again and again!
Best Regards,

Reviewed December 14, 2010

Boutique Hotels usually has a "snoby" service. Not at Clift. Everyone there is kind, makes you feel at home.
Well located for shopping, nightlife (bar downstairs is a must) with theaters very near.
Very clean and the room well comfortable for this kind of hotel (boutiques normally have small rooms).
The low points are parking and internet: way too expensive...
Great stay in SanFran!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcus L
CliftFOM, Front Office Manager at The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2010

Dear Marcus,
Thank you for your feedback and insight! We were glad you are now part of the Clift family. Looking forward to your next visit and keep in mind we have several hotels in our collection.
Morgans is a must,

Reviewed December 13, 2010

I have always been a fan of the Clift Hotel for their ambiance and nightlife scene downstairs, and their sleek and modern, yet comfortable rooms upstairs. So this was my first choice on where to stay for my birthday weekend with friends. Upon booking, I informed the concierge (David) that it was a celebration weekend for me, and not only was he incredibly helpful in making the reservation, but he was also warm and friendly and very personable.
David went above and beyond by setting us up for early check-in, upgraded room to a suite, and had a card and sparkling wine sent to my room as a birthday surprise! I don't plan to stay anywhere else from now on when I visit the city! Thank you to David and the entire staff for making my weekend one of the best birthdays ever!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MecaelaM

Dear Pricess Mecaela,
Thank you for the feedback and warm feeling inside it gave us all upon reading. We truly want to make everyones stay special, and while some may say we fall short, I think it takes two. Give us the chance to shine a spotlight on you and we will embrace every moment. Myself and my capable team of operational managers like David, Paulette, Tyler and Carlos will always be there for our guests.
Happy Belated,