$337
$176
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $242/night.

$451
$359
RitzCarlton.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $441/night.

$199
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

$205
Westin.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $343/night.

$196
$179
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$244
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $307/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$302
$215
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $306/night.

$246
$206
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $264/night.

$231
$206
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $292/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$481
$233
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $409/night.

3,810 results
All reviewsredwood roomredwood barphilippe starckunion squaretrendy hotelgeary streethotel barjunior suitetenderloinlobby arealocation is greatvalet parkingcorner roomtwo blockshipsfconcierge
Reviewed July 17, 2005

first let me start by thanking the previous reviewers who noted that the hotel is completely umarked from the street, if they hadnt said that i would have driven around for ever looking for it. now on to the actual review. when in sf i usually stay at the hilton that is near the cliff but i got an excellent deal on the clift so i decided to give it a try. the clift is a nice hotel, the location is excellent, close to union square and market st. the room was decent sized and bright a furnished in a very "ikea-esque" way. the staff was curteous and friendly. all in all, a nice hotel, i dont think i would pay full price there but if you can get a good deal there, then by all means go for it.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank puck44
A TripAdvisor Member
Nevada City
Reviewed July 11, 2005

Had a great stay! Love the white linens - very clean. Great looking and friendly staff - will be back!!!

Phillipe, thanks for recommending Townhall. We have great pictures of us in "the chair".

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 1, 2005

This was my first trip to San Francisco. Needless to say I haven't stayed in any of the other hotels in this area of town, so I don't know how the Clift compares. No trouble locating the hotel, though I was a little more vigilant after reading about others' troubles finding it. Checking in was a breeze. the front desk was not busy at the time and the staff were courteous and helpful. The room was fairly small and had been redecorated, but the furnishings looked rather cheap. The bathroom is ultra-small, it looks like the vanity, mirror, tile, and possibly the shower/tub are new. The toilet looks like something out of a public restroom. The bed was one of the more comfortable ones that I've slept in. The gym was surprisingly adequate, consisting of 4 treadmills, 2 stationary bikes, 2 steppers, a full set of dumbbells (5-110 lbs), flat bench, incline bench, and a cybex multi-station. Overall, I wasn't super-disappointed, but I felt that for the money that I was paying the quality of the room should've been much better. On my next visit, I'm going to explore other options.

8  Thank ThreeMinPins
Reviewed May 31, 2005

After booking a room, I went onto travel advisor, and was a little worried about the Clift. Here is my experience over Memorial weekend. Upon entering the hotel, my fiance and I were warmly greeted by both the doorman, and the front desk staff. The room was booked on Expedia, and was Huge!! The room was immaculately clean and gorgeously appointed. There were Frette sheets and robes, and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel, and I travel for a living. The sink area was huge enough for both of our toiletries, as well as ample shelf space below. The shower was like standing under a waterfall. I couldn't believe how much water was coming out! The inbath supplies were very nice. I read a lot about noise, but you could hear a pin drop every second we were in our room, and we were there for Memorial Weekend. The tv was a little small, but WHO CARES... We were there to see San Francisco. We never ate in the hotel but had cocktails in the Redwood Room, and it is something else. Sure the drinks are expensive, but it was great, and the bartenders were really friendly. I honestly don't know what all of the complaints are about. The Clift is fantastic. Can't wait to return, and HIGHLY reccomend.

7  Thank laphotog
Reviewed May 31, 2005

The only good thing about the Clift was the comfortable bed. The rooms are small, and the decor is plain. The crowd is no longer cute. Forget the front desk. It is simply not worth the price. The Clift is over.

2  Thank JivaNY