$279
$200
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $321/night.

$189
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

$380
$207
$214
InterContinental
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $280/night.

$221
InterContinental
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $385/night.

$210
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $352/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$241
$215
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $367/night.

$183
$179
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $291/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$475
$220
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $343/night.

$237
$225
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $296/night.

3,814 results
All reviewsredwood roomredwood barphilippe starckunion squaretrendy hotelgeary streethotel barjunior suitetenderloinlobby arealocation is greatvalet parkingcorner roomtwo blockshipsfconcierge
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very central and near Union Sq and the trams. We were on business so a short walk to the financial district. Lovely rooms and very chic. Nice ambience all around the hotel although they do not seem to value people who are staying at the hotel as we could not get a table and the bar was packed. We went out to eat and drink in the end but did return for a late drink. Many were queuing to get in as one of the in places in San Fran!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms were very special.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CliftFOM, Front Office Manager at The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

What could be better than a quiet respite from the business of the city? Clift focuses on providing our guests with superior service and luxurious accommodations and we are glad to have been able to create such a memorable experience for you.

It is truly disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy every aspect of your stay as we would have hoped. Redwood room is upon the most popular bars in San Francisco, and can be very busy on weekends. While we would like to accommodate every guest, sometime a reservation is useful. I urge for your next visit, that you contact the Manager on Duty.

We are honored by your thoughtful comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed for only one night and book through Priceline and got a great deal of $150 per night. The bathroom was TINY and was difficult to move around in without knocking things over. The rest of the room was spacious so I'm not sure why they couldn't have made the bathroom slightly bigger?
The bathroom wasn't all that clean either. I can't complain too much, I wasn't there for much time. If I hadn't been traveling alone I would have hit up the very loud bar in the lobby which seemed very busy and loud when I arrived from dinner around 11 p.m. The location was very good, about 2 blocks from Union Sq.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
CliftFOM, Front Office Manager at The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hello SoxGirl414,

We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to fully detail your stay with us. When a guest provides a review such as yours, it allows us the opportunity to learn not only about what has brought enjoyment but also any areas that we may need to address. We will be sure to share your comments with our associates. It is our hope that we can have another opportunity to fully impress you with all we have to offer. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The hotel itself is very central - about a 2 min walk to Union Square and about 5 min to the trams/train stations. This is great if you are in San Francisco for business/ only have a few days in the city and are wanting to have easy access to shops/sights. Staff were friendly and they were willing to look after our luggage until our flight on the day that we checked out so that we did not have to carry it all over the city.

The rooms however are outdated and in need of refurbishment - pastel/white decor does not match the rest of the hotel at all. The bathrooms are old and tiny and I was very dissapointed that there was only a shower over the bath tub and not a proper one - I expected more for the price of the room. On the one day we were there, there was a function in the breakfast area which meant we had to eat in the bar - it was not pleasant as no proper tables.

Overall, a very average hotel and I am sure you can find something better in the same area/for the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up as the rooms on the lower levels are quite noisy. Higher up rooms also have a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at Clift. We are delighted you enjoyed some aspects of your stay in our historic hotel. As you mentioned, we are located only a few blocks away from union square, and are pleased that you could enjoy the area.

It is however very troubling to know that you did not completely enjoy your room. As previously mentioned we are an older hotel, with many different rooms to offer.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, so that you may have the opportunity to experience one of other many great room styles. If you are so obliged to stay with Clift again, please reach out to management so that we can arrange an amazing stay for you! We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I went to check in at 2:00pm as I requested an early check in on Friday, December 6. Our room was not ready at that time, so I had the bellman take our luggage and store it until our room was ready. As 4:00pm approached, our room became ready and I was contacted via cell phone. I notified the agent that I was off property and wouldn't be back until late. Furthermore, I requested that our luggage be put in our room so we could just come home and go to bed. Later that evening I went to come check in and they were only allowing hotel guests and people with an 'event' ticket to enter the premises. I told the bouncer/bellman/staff member my last name and that we were half way checked in and just needed to pick up our keys. He refused to let us in, which in turn put us back on the street for a good hour. I contacted San Francisco travel, and they quickly solved the problem. The gentleman working the door that night was rude, inconsiderate, and most of all made me feel as though I was not a hotel guest, even though I was. Once we were allowed in, I picked up our keys and proceeded to our suite. Once we got to our suite, we found all of our luggage scattered all over the suite. Our hanging clothes was put in between our suitcases, and was presented in such a way that it looked like the bellman just threw it in there and left.

On top of the experience above, we received a phone call from the front desk indicating that we were being too loud. However, the two of us were already in bed and the noise was not coming from us. Once again, we were accused of doing something that we weren't doing. The gentleman apologized and I was able to go back to sleep.

I attempted to contact the General Manager using our telephone in the room. However, it continued to ring and ring with no answering machine, which is why I am taking the time to write in.

Our suite was spacious and great. However, the cleanliness of the overall suite needs some attention. Firstly, there was red wine stains all over the carpet from previous guests. Secondly, the bathroom towels had hair in them. Thirdly, the bathroom in general is old, and quite frankly, disgusting to even use.

I expressed my concerns to the girl at checkout, and all she said was a simple sorry (and gave the impression that she didn't care, and had more important things to do).

I was extremely disappointed with this particular hotel. I am very surprised that it is even part of Morgan's Hotel Group. The customer service was beyond poor, the cleanliness of the suite was poor, and the entire experience was poor.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelfreak903

Travelfreak903,

We are certainly pleased to know you enjoyed some aspects of your stay however we couldn't be more disappointed that your entire experience was not as positive. An extended day of traveling can certainly be taxing and while it is not clear in what manner your reservations were made, it is truly regrettable that your anticipated accommodations were not available when you arrived. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. It is our hope that we can have another opportunity to fully impress you with all we have to offer. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel it self is OK. It has a very good location which makes it only a short tips to central shopping areas and other attractions (e.g. the tram).
Friendly, helpful and service minded staff - at the front desk.
Didn't find the waiters at the restaurant particularly, or solutions orientated when there was an issue. Good breakfast :)
What makes this hotel special is the bar my the lobby - Redwood Room.
However, that will get it's own review, but feel it's worth mentioning since it's the hotels bar.

The rooms are American, big..... but small and outdated bathrooms, and I don't care much for the carpets.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vTRAVELv

It is truly great to hear that although everything wasn't completely to your satisfaction, that the bar and staff at the Front Desk could be added benefits to the positive aspects of your stay. We strive to have each guest have an outstanding stay, and it troubles me that we could not do just that for you.

I would like to thank you for your feedback, as these sort of reviews are what help management and staff alike to continue to grow. I do hope that you choose Clift again for your next visit to San Francisco, and urge that if you do so, you reach out to the Manager on Duty to help make your next stay all that you had hoped it to be the first time around. We look forward to hearing form you!