“tiny bathrooms” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“tiny bathrooms”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My friend stayed here in May 2011 while he was in town for a conference.
The room was ok but the bathroom was tiny. No place to move even for a one person.
For the price he paid he should have stayed at the Westin. The bar downstairs had lousy service , waitresses really not interested to serve customers and were chatting away to each other at their stations. We had to make a serious effort just to order a drink,that said the cocktails were really good but also very pricey.
Hotel decor is interesting but not enough to justify the price. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
john f, Front Office Manager at Clift Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Nootyandnice,

Thank you for writing your review on TripAdvisor. I know you stayed almost 4 months ago, but maybe you can reach out to me at your earliest convenience so we can address some of the negative experiences you had during your stay and see if we can change your mind on coming back.

Sincerley,

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

The Clift is much more style over substance. Amazing service from all but the rooms are old San Fran rooms with good paint and decor.

Great in room products. Great service (worth repeating).

BUT. $50 to park overnight. That's nuts.

RobertC,

Thank you so much for the great review! Everyone that works here at Clift take great pride in what they do and we continuously look to provide the best service for all our guests. AND you mentioned it twice!!

Reach out to me the next time you are booking. I will help review what may be the better package deals we offer so you can write a better review next time!

Lemont, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Hip hotel for sure. You get that from the lobby, bar, restaurant, rooms, mirrors everywhere. Room itself is quite small but interesting with the mirrors. Bathroom is a glorified closet it's so small. Linens consist of single non-fitted mattress cover and comforter, nothing else. Parking is $57/night with hotel tax. Wifi is add'l $15/day. Would expect more value for $300/night. Staff was helpful wrapping up of wine box for the trip home. Save some money, stay elsewhere & just have a drink at the bar.

1 Thank Robert D
Rdido,

I'm sorry we couldn't do better to provide you with a better impression of who we are. I greatly appreciate your review and where you are coming from.

Even though I can not get any information about your previous history with us or any of our other Morgans properties through TripAdvisor, I would ascertain that this was your first stay at Clift.

If you would, at your earliest convenience, please reach out to me so we can further discuss your past stay and what we can do for the future!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Funky, contemporary decor, comfortable bed, bathroom small but sufficient. Great lighting throughout the hotel--dim and accentuating. Redwood Room is very cool, and a hugely popular night spot. The Living Room, just off the main lobby, has over-sized leather seating, and is a great spot to do some light work on your email while having a cup of coffee in the morning.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
john f, Front Office Manager at Clift Hotel San Francisco, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Brian B759,

Thanks for the great review! It means a lot coming from someone that has written 37 reviews!! WOW!!

I hope you'll let us know when you are coming back for your next stay. We look forward to having you!

Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Unfortunately, I had a three star experience in a hotel with five star decor and a four star price. The Staff was friendly, but it was impossible to hear them over the din from the club. The room was smaller than my bathroom at home and the bathroom smaller than the closet. Also, being on the second floor meant hearing sirens and traffic throughout the night. I went to work out and the gym had no water and no house phone to call anyone. I've had friends rave about the Clift, but for me it was mostly show and not enough substance.

ceilie,

It sounds like we were really close to hitting the mark for experience. First, thank you for mentioning the service of our great staff. Second, I feel really bad that I do not know any of the details about your stay. I was wondering if you would be willing to reach out to me here at the hotel so we can talk about your stay and build a relationship so you can try us again.

I hope to hear from you soon.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

A really stylish hotel (particularly the lobby and reception) in a good location just a couple of minutes walk from Union Square. Decent size room (we were in a double) with huge mirrors to make it feel bigger.

Stayed for 6 nights and it was a great base to explore the city from. I'd definitely recommend it.

Only thing stopping this being a 5* review is the in room wifi. They charge for it. Not really on in a hotel of this price that caters to foreign tourists who will rely on wifi to get any info they might need about the city. (Tip for anyone staying there, Macy's has free wifi)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DanDLondon,

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the location and it was helpful for you getting around town.

By the rest of your score, I would assume that the service was fine as well. As for the wifi, we can always work on that the next time you come stay. Please feel free to ask for me. I would like to meet you!

Roswell, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very hip, SFO night club that was masquerading as a hotel. The halls were all dark and drapery filled with uplighting...a dugeony sort of vibe. Very cool and hip if you are into that sort of thing...but as a business traveler it got old after about the 3rd night of a long week. I received a very nice corner suite room that had a seperate changing area and makeup desk/mirror. The bathroom was in a horrible state of repair. The bathtub had peeling laminant on the floor, the sink faucet dripped, the water pressure was low, etc.

The most disturbing part for me was the fact that the walls were paper thin and I could hear EVERYTHING that happened in the room next to me as though there was a microphone in the room. What's worse is that the guests beside me decided to have a party one night until almost 4am. I called the front desk to complain about 2:30am...they finally showed up about 40 minutes later to ask the guests to knock it off. I got no sleep...and the hotel (when I complained the next day) seemed to careless. They threw out the traditional "I'm very sorry", but offered to do nothing about it nor have anyone of authority reach out to me, etc.

A very disappointing experience to say the least. Next time I'm in town for this huge conference, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room facing the Starbucks