$279
$207
$214
InterContinental
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $320/night.

$221
InterContinental
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $374/night.

$189
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

$210
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$241
$215
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $346/night.

$183
$179
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $293/night.

$237
$225
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $334/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$475
$220
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $330/night.

3,814 results
All reviewsredwood roomredwood barphilippe starckunion squaretrendy hotelgeary streethotel barjunior suitetenderloinlobby arealocation is greatvalet parkingcorner roomtwo blockshipsfconcierge
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were attending a conference and stayed here for one night. Location is great, but really 5 or even 4, or 3 stars? We stayed in a suite that had mirrors on two of the bedroom walls, and yes, indeed, it really seemed much more like a place to take medium-priced hookers, except that the hotel cost was too high. The decor was hip, but cheap, including in the rooms. Mold was obvious in the bathtub. Where wall plugs had been removed, plastic covers were placed (i.e., no fixing the sheetrock), and then painted over the same color as the purple walls that were prevalent throughout the room as well as hallways. Overall, it had a very tacky and unappealing presentation. I've also been a musician my whole life, so used to staying in lots of hotels. This would have been fine, if it had been priced appropriately. Also, when we went to the bar with twelve people, we were told, "you can't sit there," "only two people can sit on that loveseat," "you can't put those stools in that area," etc. 8 of us ended up leaving because there was no room, and no decent service to help us locate a place to sit. And, this was a bunch of normal business people. It wasn't like we were doing anything abnormal to find a place to sit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was our second visit, and it has a lost a little bit of it´s edge. Just a short stroll to Union Square and you are in the heart of San Francisco.
The "stark" design was evident in the bathroom, and the dressing room (we took a suite) with poor lighting. Housekeeping was a let down, but It will be my hotel of choice when I return, because the up-sides are worth it. Great friend staff, valet parking at a cost, and could have a better location

Room Tip: they have a "smoking " floor for "sinners"
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The lobby design is interesting especially the bar looks yummy and sexy at night, the design idea must be popular couple years ago, it reminds me the Spanish artist Dali. However, compare with the heavy drapery, 1001 night feeling and dark colour scheme lobby floor, the hotel room is extremely bare and simple. We stayed at deluxe room, the room size is big. If you travel with kids, you have enough room for luggage and stroller but the bathroom is too tiny and simple, it is not user friendly. They charge USD60 per night for valet parking, and self-parking is not nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mayleegz
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in a Loft Junior Suite. the room was very spacious, and the bed was super comfortable but the experience left me feeling a little cold. I'm not sure whether it was because we booked the room through a 3rd party online booking agent, or if they have front desk issues, but when we arrived (at 4:30pm) we were told our room wasn't ready and would we mind going into a different room on a lower floor that had a wheelchair friendly bathroom set up, when I asked what time our room would be ready the girl on duty said she wasn't sure as the previous guest hadn't checked out yet. After a long flight, and arriving well after check in time, this isn't what you want to hear but I said we'd be happy to sit down and have a coffee while she worked it out, it was only then that the colleague working next to her told her that she should be able to shuffle things and give us a room straight away. After dealing with all that, she then said "will you be right getting your luggage to you room, or do you need help"...that's the first time I've ever been asked that instead of just being offered assistance, which in a rather large city hotel I think is poor. We also had to struggle with the doors on the way in and out of the hotel by ourselves, and the help of other guests, due to a shortage of front of house staff.
With a stylish lobby and bar area, after dark the Clift becomes a rather popular destination for the party crowd, which means that your interrogated by security when you come back into the hotel after 9 and have to show photo I'd proof your a guest. I understand why, but they need to find a better system, your left feeling like you're lucky to gain entry, rather than the normal 'Welcome back' greeting. I put a lot of research into booking accomodation for this trip, the Clift looked great online but in reality, the next visit I'll head to the Westin or Fairmont where I received better service from hotel staff even as a dinner guest.

• Stayed: July 2012
Clift-SF-AFOM, Manager at The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Clare R,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with everyone on TA. I would like to apologize for the experience that you encountered during your check in process. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of service and we’re sorry we let you down. I really hope that you keep us in mind the next time you are in SF so that you can enjoy the true Clift experience. Please contact me directly the next time you are going to be in San Francisco and allow me to assist in setting up your reservation and looking after you throughout your stay. We look forward to your return and opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay!

Tyler – Housekeeping Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is located to many good restaurants, bars and tourist things. The staff all were very helpful and nice. The bar at hotel is very up scale with nice service. The security is tight around the hotel which I liked.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business