Andrews Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$395
$379
$208
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$182
$310
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$466
$254
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
$205
$189
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomplimentary glass of winecontinental breakfastpetite suiterooms are smallunion squareceiling fanevery morningeach eveningtwo blockseuropean stylequaint hotelqueen roomstayed here for nightsstreet noisethe heart of the cityexcellent locationcable car
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night during our honeymoon trip. We booked it as it was cheap, location was good and we were leaving the hotel early the next day to go to the airport - so didn't need anything plush. On arrival the welcome was fantastic and the receptionist arranged for a bottle of champagne to be put in the room (as we were on honeymoon) - this was a lovely touch. However, the room was very small, very hot and a bit fusty smelling. There was a ceiling fan, but we were staying on a particularly hot night and it really didn't keep us cool. I was glad that we were leaving at 6am the following morning as I don't think I could take much more of the heat! Another thing I am disappointed about is that they took an extra $25 off my credit card for "incidentals" and promised a refund should this not be used. This refund was promised within 2 weeks of check out. 4.5 weeks and an email to them later, I still haven't received this refund - so am not happy!! I would like to give a better review as the staff were really nice, but the rooms were really not up to scratch and the fact I haven't had my refund, or been emailed back about it is very annoying!!

1  Thank MKPWales
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We hadnt expected much from this hotel and unfortunately it still managed to disappoint us. We were woken every morning at 0630 by a knocking that occurred every morning we stayed there which lasted for two hours. We were also kept awake one night by one of our neighbours vomiting because the walls are very thin you can hear everything. Also the shower in the bathroom is tiny and the shower head came to my chest which made washing my hair very difficult because I am not a contortionist. There were also other peoples hairs in the shower when we arrived. I would definitely look at better alternatives further away from the Tenderloin.

I can say that the staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Dont do it
2  Thank onewillo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel's public restroom, located on the top floor is just hilarious. It is a must-see on your stay.

As has been stated many times, this is a very good value for a good location in SF. This hotel is in a good location because one can easily catch a multitude of public transportation options around the city or walk to several locations if you can take the hills.

I found the room not to be cleaned sufficiently, but I dealt with it. The bed was neither comfortable nor uncomfortable.

The free continental breakfast is laid out in the hallway, which you must put together and bring back to your room.

Everything about this hotel, aside from the location, is just passable. No frills, no luxury, just convenient. This was not a problem for us as we were out of the hotel early in the AM and rarely returned until after dinner except for a change of clothes if necessary.

If you intend to go to SF and spend many waking hours in your hotel room, I would suggest you stay elsewhere.

Also,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crheimy
Reviewed May 25, 2013

As said by many others the location is good, just a short walk to Union Square where all public transport is in easy reach. If you ae not affraid to use public transport get a Muni Passport.

Yes the rooms are a little dated and small but they are clean and comfortable, I am a light sleeper i did not notice much noise, the bed was comfortable and there was a chair. Mind you we don't think we have seen a TV as small but a bigger one would have taken up more space.
We were expecting a really tiny bathroom as per other reviews but it was not that small although our toilet was round the corner which you had to squeeze round the bath to get to. Also the shower head is a bit low so if you are tall this could be a problem.

The breakfast was served in the hall which you could take back to your room, which once you got used to that it was ok as if you didnt feel like getting ready for it you didnt have to. It was enough for us to start the day sight seeing.
They had tea, coffee, water and hot chocolate in the lobby which you could help yourself to any time of the day which was a nice gesture.
The staff were friendly and really helpful, the free WIFI was a bonus and worked well.
If we were to go back to SF we would stay here again.

1  Thank piggies06
Reviewed May 11, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com