“Brilliant Hostel!”
Review of Adelaide Hostel

Adelaide Hostel
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I lived in San Jose and when I stayed in San Francisco at weekends, I stayed at the Adelaide Hostel every time!
The staff are brilliant, friendly and very helpful! Free Breakfast in the morning is a huge plus and a great saving for those travelling!
Appeared to attract a great mix of people which was great!
Beds are comfortable and rooms are clean.
Located in the heart of SF, this place is a must when staying in SF especially with it big such great value! Will def be back!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 22, 2014

On our recent west coast road trip, the Adelaide was my favourite hostel. A nice mixed atmosphere with some families and older travellers as well as your standard bunch of young people. Good sturdy bunks built into the wall mean there's none of that awkward clambering up a wobbly bunk, disturbing everyone as the frame squeaks and creaks. Also the big lockers under the bunks were big enough to fit two suitcases. The staff were helpful, the breakfast was plentiful and tasty, and the location was fantastic (lots of key attractions including Fisherman's Wharf and the Mission are walkable). All of the above for good old cheap hostel prices! I'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

They will do as much as they can to help you, rooms are perfect for travelers (bunks beds with light, plugs and curtains) and the breakfast is amazing. The place is quiet and they offert a lot of activities.
Definitely gonna choose this hostel again

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had booked 5 nights at the Adelaide and was really looking forward to it! I've stayed in many hostels all over the world, so what I'm about to say isn't just because I'm used to hotels. My experience was a complete and utter disappointment. I arrived at about 7pm and I was told that because I had arrived "so late", the booking I had made in a 6 bed female dorm weeks ago had been given to someone else. They had overbooked the hostel and told me I had to go to a 10 bed co-ed dorm. Normally I would think this wasn't too big of a deal at all- but the room was absolutely horrendous. I'll get to that in a minute. The woman at the front desk was not helpful at all and acted like I was a huge inconvenience to her. I asked her how to go to Pier 33 for Alcatraz and she seemed incredibly annoyed. My room was in the basement right next to the common room. My bed was closest to the door and close to the TV/kitchen area. My bed had fingernail clippings all over it that were NOT mine. The entire room absolutely reeked of feet. I figured that since it was Monday night, the common room would eventually quiet down and I could have a decent sleep. No. The common room had movies BLASTING literally ALL night. I know this because I never fell asleep. I bought earplugs from the front deal but they didn't help at all. My room had several men in it who ran to the washroom repeatedly throughout the night to vomit (which I could hear loud and clear). I know the hostel can't control when guests go to bed or how they behave themselves, but they can control the insane amount of noise in the common room at a reasonable hour. I got outta there at 6am and told them I was canceling the rest of my stay. The woman at the front desk in the morning was MuCH nicer. I was hoping for ALL of my money back, but they charged me for the night that I did stay. Anyway, I'm now in a cute B and B in the Castro and am finally about to get some sleep without nail clippings, vomit, and crazy noise all night.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Dbeee12
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was in the cheapest dorm. The location was decent, transportation routes are fairly close by, though BART is a rough distance if your feet hurt (luckily unlike my last trip I wore better shoes though). I really love that each bed had a little privacy curtain, which made getting changed less of a hassle. Also, there are outlets inside each (HUGE) locker, so if you're concerned about phone theft, there you go. Did I mention the lockers were huge? I fit both my suitcases in there--whole. No bathroom in the room I had, but there was a sink and mirror. The breakfast was a nice bonus, though I could only eat the fruit since I'm gluten free. Not a big deal though. One complaint I might have is that in order to accommodate those huge lockers, the ladder to get to the top bunk can be tricky, especially at night. All in all this was a great place and I'm glad I decided to stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Keep comming back to this hostell I has good Freee Breakfeast.. and A suitable location for where I want to go..The are always helpfull with any request you may have.. and Booking a shuttle for the Airport are great. too..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The location of Adelaide Hostel (we were in the Dakota Hotel part in a 3-person room) is great, close to Chinatown and in an area that felt safe. We didn't get parking in the assigned lot so we paid $38 for parking from 11pm to 1pm the next day- not ideal and rates not clearly advertised. The free breakfast was nice and staff was pleasant. The beds were comfy but the room had an odd smell. We had fun chatting with one of the permanent hostel residents ho was working on a mural. Overall a good place to stay, but the regular hostel seemed like a cooler place.

• Stayed: May 2014