“Excellent Downtown Location, Friendy Staff”
Review of Adelaide Hostel

Adelaide Hostel
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Adelaide is right in the heart of Downtown San Francisco, putting a traveller in a good spot to explore many portions of the city with ease.

The amenities are fairly standard, and the rooms are nice. I especially liked the locker areas under the bed with the power sockets inside, making me feel comfortable letting my electronics charge while I wasn't there.

Staff is very friendly, although there were occasions when no one was available at the counter for 5-10 minutes, leading to some confusion at times for new arrivals.

After seeing other hostels on my trip, I noted that Adelaide could invest in some nicer locks and security measures, especially given the area of downtown it is in. That being said, I had absolutely no problems with theft or feeling unsafe, and did not hear any issues while I was staying there relating to break-ins or theft.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Ilaria L, Manager at Adelaide Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear fubuloubu,

thank you for staying with us, and also to have taken the time to review the hostel and give us some suggestions! Regarding the security of our place, we have many cameras placed both outside and inside, and our staff is there to make sure that everything runs smoothly, especially at night time. We also have a security door accessible only with a code: the latter gets changed every second week or so. We try to do our best to keep a high standard of security, so as to give the traveller the possibility to enjoy their stay in the city without constantly worrying about their belongings.
We apologize if you felt the staff was nowhere to be found at times: it may happen that they need to go to the bathroom, or go downstairs and prepare a cup of tea, but perhaps we should follow up on your suggestion, and have them put a small sign at reception as 'be back in five minutes', so as not to create any confusion, what do you think?
Again, thank you so much both for staying with us and for taking the time to write the review: it is indeed the only way we can efficiently improve our service!
All the best with your travels, and we hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Adelaide Hostel

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great experience! Especially like the curtain and socket for each bed.
THe hostel is in a lane and you might feel sketchy at night if walking alone, but the location is convenient and the atmosphere in the hostel is relaxing. I also like their shuttle service tohe airport.
The shower room is a bit small though, others are all fine!
Will stay here if I come to San Francisco again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Stella T,

thank you very much for your review and also for taking advantage of our shuttle service! It is easy and convenient, as it is pretty much the same price as the metro, only that you don't have to walk all over with your bags. Also, I am glad to hear positive feedbacks about our newly refurbished bunks, we all think it is very comfortable to have your niche with a light and a socket:!
We look forward to see you back here when you come around next time! All the best for your travels!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

this place was unquestionably cute; flowers outside in the alley; the rooms have custom built-in wooden bunks with a privacy curtain and a sink in each room. i stayed in 2 different rooms there, and was digging the nautical theme/maps decor, looking at micronesian islands while i brushed my teeth. the lockable foor-trunks with safety light are genius, convenient. the serve-yourself breakfast in the basement kitchen was the best hostel breakfast i've ever had; fresh-squeezed OJ, fruit, and breads. the bathrooms were serviceable, if not quite clean; in fact, the nature of my complaints around this place have to do with general cleanliness. There was a wierd smell of burnt food lingering throughout both nights of my stay here, the carpets were bedraggled and sweaty; a small price to play for the charm i guess. the second nature of my complaint was staff; i interacted with 3 different front desk people here and while not rude, they all seemed distracted and lackadaisical, borderline stoned or something. i was assigned the wrong bed number both times and just figured it out myself. also, this place is n-o-i-s-y, crowded and in general (as most hostels but markedly so here), very young. all in all, it was ok.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. Very nice and relaxing atmosphere in the hostel. Room was clean and comfortable,toilets were clean at any time,free internet, breakfast and dinners. Manager and owner were lovely people who helped us with all the questions we had (and there were many of them) and also the rest of the staff was very lovely. Hope they're gonna forgive me for leaving review after long time :) I would highly recommend this place and would stay there again! Cheers guys and stay that way!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great place to stay in San Francisco especially budget traveling saving on room stay but plenty to spend on shopping and food. The room are clean, nice staff members, easy location to many places around the Union Square, Chinatown, North Beach etc... Great people from all over the world to chat with. Bathrooms are clean. I found my place to hit up when my next visit to the City.

Thanks for making my 1st stay in San Francisco pleasant and awesome!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Clean, Bed is comfortable, Lively guest room and dining room. Clean bath room. Easy transportation. Staffs are very helpful, friendly and smiley.

Only one thing to comment is the upper bed is quite difficult to climb up and it doesn't have any panel or barricade to prevent you from rolling down when you unintentionally rolling during sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Great city and great hostel, this place rocks. Rick and the whole staff is very helpful and thanks everybody for that great atmosphere. The hostel offer cool rooms, good breakfast, some dinners and tours. The wifi worked fabulous.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends