“Cute B&B in a great neighborhood”

Jackson Court San Francisco
Ranked #145 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've never understood why people want to stayin union square when they visit SF. It's dirty and far from all the fun activities and restaurants in the various neighborhoods. This is a clean bed and breakfast in an awesome neighborhood. The rooms are big, if a little old. The price is very reasonable although parking is a pain.

We walked to all our old favorite restaurants, parks and even Chrissy fields on a nice day. How car you go wrong with that?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank dan2718
There are newer reviews for Jackson Court San Francisco

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Nothing says home more than George swinging open the front door, beaming his biggest smile and declaring "You're back!" This Victorian mansion is so elegant and filled with antiques. Also a stone's throw from Fillmore St which is filled with good eats and shopping.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AuntyJoJo
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Oct.2013 We stayed on the top floor in a lovely, clean room, rather ornate but a fun change from home, with a very comfortable,cozy Queen bed with wonderful linens. There is no elevator but this did not pose a problem for us. Sparkling apple juice was on a tray waiting for us upon our arrival which was a nice touch. The street is located in a nice area and quiet enough to leave the windows open at night. Usually in San Fran. air conditioning is not required but if so, a large fan was in the closet for our use. The main entrance leads to a large sitting area with a fireplace and apples in a bowl for those interested in a snack at night. The breakfast was self serve and included fresh fruit, breads,muffins and cereal etc.Perfect!

Room Tip: Each room is very different. We stayed in the blue room on the top floor and found it spacious, clea...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RefreshedOntario
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at the Jackson Court in the last 3 months. This B and B is special in every way. The rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. Pacific Heights is a great area that is convenient, as well. 3 o'clock tea and cookies are a bonus. The people that work there couldn't be more helpful and kind. Love the breakfast, too. The restaurants in the area are excellent and reasonably priced. Simply stated, it's a terrific hotel in a great location. Only 10 rooms, so plan in advance!

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor are the most quiet. Rooms on the 1st floor are the most special.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Robert C
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked the first night online and unlike other hotels they actually took the money in advance, two months prior to the trip. I decided to extend my stay in SFO so I rang them and asked to add two more days. When I arrived they presented me with the bill swiped my card and took the money in advance. This place is dirty, old, the paint is peeling off the ceiling, the bathroom has mould and dirt around the shower, the curtains do not block out the light so you cannot get the room dark from the street lights outside, the lights from the TV logo, radio clock and dangerous double adapters light up the room and if that we're not enough the bed is so creaky that even breathing makes it squeak. Stay at this hotel if you want a night in a museum, not for a good night's sleep. We asked for a room with a bath but booked me into one without one and could only change to another one without a bath. There is no lift and the higher-up stairs are narrow, it was very hard to get my cases up to the top floor, which I had to carry myself.

I rarely bother to write reviews and I am well-travelled and objective. If you are shortsighted, deaf, can sleep with he lights on and like getting a workout going to your room, you will be fine staying here.

Room Tip: Don't come
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Trevor D
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here mid-May, 2013, and I really liked it. It was definitely worth the price.

I had asked in advance if it was possible to have a room above ground, and was given a top floor corner room, and it was lovely - spacious and charming. Particularly the walk-in wardrobe - just what a girl needs for her shopping.

I had told them I would be arriving early before the established check in time, and they let me straight into my room, when I only expected to store my luggage.

The sink in the room was odd, but in keeping with an old building, and the shower room wasn't great, but I didn't mind because the room and location made up for it. The bed was really comfortable, a huge thing when it takes a lot to help you sleep well. Because it is in a residential area, I found it to be quiet at night, again greatly appreciated for a good sleep. other guests were quiet as well, and noise would have carried easily I think.

The building was well kept, and the ability to store food in the fridge in the small kitchen/eating area was a great option that I used to supplement the basic breakfast menu (I am gluten free, and breakfast wasn't great for that, though I did tell them either) and prepare for a road trip.

Wi-fi was not great in my room, so I ended up making a cup of tea in the kitchen room and using the better access there. I struggled a bit with lugging my luggage up the three flights, with some assistance by the lady manager (I didn't want her to carry the heavy pieces), but I didn't feel welcome in asking for help from the younger man on site.

Location is excellent, near the main street in Pacific heights for good restaurants and shops, not too far from Cow Hollow, though quite a walk to the main attractions down at the piers and CBD shopping area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank to513
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here early June and would highly recommend. This place has old world charm in a great neighbourhood at an affordable price. Pacific Heights is a really nice area with lots to do and is a short bus ride to the CBD.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family