Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,326 results
All reviews cavalier restaurant game room virtual reality shuffle board lobby bar ping pong espresso machine westfield mall boutique hotel union square south of market cool hotel front desk staff business trip per night location is great around the corner
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2020

All staff were friendly and attentive. Location is right in the middle of everything. My breakfast was only scrambled eggs, toast and juice but it was really good scrambled eggs, toast, and juice. Nice and quiet at night (even while the lobby was hosting a party) so I could have a great night's sleep on the comfy bed (and even different softness of pillows to choose from). The room was plenty roomy--never felt cramped for a second. They had an Alexa speaker that I could easily pair my phone to so I was able to play my music while getting ready. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2020

I liked the entrance the security sistem of the keys , the Room the bathroom is very clean the peoples is friendly the location is very convenience and if I would go back , and I will enjoy it better thanks

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2020

We stayed here for 2 nights while going to see Harry Potter. Staff was friendly, rooms were large and modern. The bathroom was a little run down (cabinet was very chipped and other furniture was very scuffed). Other than that the room was great, and the view was great. We also loved the game room with free pool, ping pong and pin ball machines. All around a good hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

We booked because a friend recommended it. Now it is NOT the cheapest of places so we did have high expectations.
We arrived and there was only one front desk staff already assisting a guest. The guest was wanting recommendations for dinner and the staff member was extremely helpful and going out of his way to find different restaurants which was impressive to see. However the guest was asking lots of questions and we could see this was going to take a while. So after about 10 minutes we felt ignored and it would have been nice if the staff member had acknowledged us a little, and even lied and said something like “I won’t be a moment” even though we could see this wasn’t true, or just said something like “someone will be with you shortly.” Another staff member did eventually arrive and check us in.
The skirting boards in the room and bathroom needs a good wipe and dust. In my 35 years of staying in many hotels I’ve never seen such dust!! Do the maids just do the barest minimum and do they not see how dirty the skirting boards are?
Not great to see. Also the bathroom door was quite wide and it opened into the hall and blocked it. So we had to keep walking around it. Just a bad design fault. The door should have opened into the bathroom as there was room.
Our room never got serviced. I took away the “Do Not Disturb” sign as we left in the morning and couldn’t find a sign for room/ maid servicing. We got back mid afternoon and we were surprised to see that our room had not been serviced. So we went back out and returned around 5pm. The maids trolley was outside our room so I assumed she was in there cleaning. No, our room was still unserviced. So I came back out immediately and the maid had moved the trolley and had gone round the corner to the main hall area. I approached her and said our room had not been serviced. She just looked at me disinterested. So I asked if I was supposed to put a sign on the door to have the room serviced (even though there wasn’t one). So she then said my Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. I said no it wasn’t as I had removed it when I went out this morning. No she said it was on the door. I said no it wasn’t. This went on for a while. Then she asked me what room I was in. So I told her and again she said the sign was on the door. I ended up saying “let’s not keep arguing the point because it’s not going to get us anywhere.”
So I declined her offer of servicing the room and asked for some towels. As she was getting the towels she muttered under her breath AGAIN that I had the sign on the door. She obviously wanted the last word. Not impressed at all and would never go back to stay.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Booked a room here for 3 nights via Expedia, and prepaid. Even though we had "VIP Benefits" we were offered nothing at check in.
Room was not ready at 3 pm, we waited in lobby for close to 2 hours. No upgrades were offered.
Room cleaning came at inconvenient times (early am, or in late afternoon when we were resting after a day out), so that we were unable to have our room cleaned during our entire 3 night stay.
Worst of all, we were charged an additional $30 room fee, per day for fees that were not revealed at check in. In fact, we were told we were "all paid up" at check in, and that our credit card was only needed for incidentals. At check out we were told the fee was for "ammenities", most of which we were unaware existed.Also, I do not recommend using the "Store"-which basically consists of overpriced vending machines ($4 candy bar, $6 small bag of chips). Additionally we had to call the front desk at 1:30 am because the family next door with multiple children was being extremely noisy and woke us up.

Date of stay: December 2019