1,089 results
All reviews cavalier restaurant games room blue bottle espresso machine lobby bar union square ping pong boutique hotel westfield mall south of market fun hotel cool hotel rooms are spacious amazing hotel front desk staff bart station the location is perfect
Reviewed September 3, 2018

They tack on a mandatory $25 guest amenity fee per night, which I find sleazy. The room had an IKEA feel - like Scandinavian but in a somewhat cheap sort of way. Valet parking was $71/night after taxes, and they were very slow to find our car (although the guy did seem to be working hard).

The room was clean and otherwise good. The hotel is in a great location if you want to stay in the mall touristy area.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank runaroundron
Mark B, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear runaroundron,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your review.

It seems that the Guest Amenity Fee was a surprise and I very sorry if this was the case. The Guest Amenity Fee gives our guests access to a host of amenities such as a $10 credit to the private bar, access to our VR room, Oculus Go headsets, complimentary e-bikes, laptop computers and more. When guests book directly with us we make every effort to make sure this is very clear and we are working hard to make sure that it is the same with our travel partners. Again please accept my apologies if this was not clear as I can appreciate how frustrating this would be.

Thank you for your feedback on the price of parking. While this is line with other hotels in the area, it is feedback like yours that allowed us to create two tier pricing. Guests who just want to leave their car and not use it during their stay can do so for $42 per night plus tax and those who would like unlimited access during their stay can choose to pay $62 plus tax. The goal is to create some options of our guests so they don't feel trapped.

runaroundron, thank you again for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your feedback. I hope that you will call upon me on your next visit to San Francisco where I will be sure to regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

have stayed at this hotel only 8 weeks ago (for 3 nights) so we chose to stay there again - great location, great staff in fact outstanding staff. Not ideal accom for 7 night stay - room way too small with no where quiet to sit.Hotel rooms looking a bit tired, don't stay in 820 aircon vent directly above bed and outdoor aircon noise is really loud. 310 is very small and only one 'stool' at a small bench and no chair to sit on and is noisy due to closeness to private function room. -what we loved is the Location it is fantastic - and valerie at reception attends promptly and with a smile to any issues in helping make the stay as best as possible. So summing up - great for a 2 night stay not quite right for a 7 night stay. Its edgy, modern and with great staff don't discount it just look at your needs.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark B, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear ally132,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you had in your room and I will be sure to look into those. Thank you for your comments about Valerie. She takes a great deal of pride in what she does and I know she will be thrilled to read your comments.

ally132, thank you again for staying with us and I hope that I will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Fun and funky hotel with great games room on first floor. Downside is this is often rented out to groups so not accessible to residents. Good location right next door to Westfield shopping centre but much crime and homelessness evident in the immediate area around. Some great service but refused to organise late checkout ahead of day of departure (travelling back to UK with children on evening flight and knew we would need room later) then stingy about time to check out - when there were rooms available in the hotel. Good gym facilities, restaurant strange mix of tartan wall paper and stuffed stags head for a 'London themed' restaurant, with loud music, but on the whole worth a stay. Parking gets booked up so book ahead. View from our room was of a brick wall but we did have an exercise bike in the room!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear lizdavid100,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be so convenient. I am so sorry that The Playroom had been booked for an event. On occasion this can happen and I so sorry this impacted your stay. Were you able to enjoy the Virtual Reality room on the lobby level? Thank you for your feedback on departure and I am sorry that we could not extend the late checkout as long as you had requested. When the hotel is running full or close to full we often do not have as much flexibility as we would like. Again please accept my apologies for this.

lizdavid100, thank you again for staying with us. I hope you had an easy journey home and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Our daughter stayed at Hotel Zetta last year and had a great experience. Planning to go back to SF this August she recommended we stay there. Loved the vibe on arrival, with art pieces made from reclaimed objects) we knew it would be special. This is a friendly location with a warm and fun lobby (giant plinko and a pool table). Our corner room provided daylight even on foggy days and was a restful retreat after touring the city. The location is close to public transportation and shopping. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Not only would I recommend this location, I would seek out other properties in the hotel group.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark B, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear EAT-LOCAL-KPT,

Thank you so much choosing to stay at Hotel Zetta and for your wonderful review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the design of our hotel. The re-use / re-purpose story is prevalent throughout the hotel I am so pleased it resonated. We have a lot of really fun touches. I am glad to hear that you were comfortable in your room but above all it is so good to read what an impact the team had on your stay. They are a passionate group and I know they will be thrilled to read your comments.

EAT-LOCAL-KPT, again thank you for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back to Hotel Zetta or any of our other properties in the near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

The room block rate made up in value. Good use of small space but everything is just off kilter. Under restroom sink barely opens got my stuff stuck in there but got it out. Dragging cabinets and loud air con. Windows opened otherwise we would have steamed up the place by just being in there. A friend was getting married and we all stayed there. Loud partying so if u weren’t a part of our holler, we are sorry.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear taliho1227,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your friends wedding and I am so pleased you all had a wonderful time.

Thank you for your the feedback on your room and I am very sorry that the cabinet under the sink did not open properly. That should not be the case and I will have this and the air conditioning looked at.

taliho1227, thank you again for staying with us and I very much hope we will welcome you back again soon.

Makr Beevor