1,073 results
All reviewscavalier restaurantgames roomblue bottleespresso machinelobby barunion squareping pongboutique hotelwestfield mallsouth of marketfun hotelcool hotelrooms are spaciousamazing hotelfront desk staffbart stationthe location is perfect
Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

This is the second time staying at this Viceroy hotel and I really don't have anything negative to say. The area is perfect for walking around. It's right next to Nordstrom and a big shopping mall with restaurants and cafes . The rooms are big, the bed is comfortable , staff was good , the wifi is good and the rooms service as well. I would recommend this hotel for a few days in San Francisco. Has a cool lobby bar as well.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
15  Thank Robbie R
Michel N, Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2016

Robbie R,

Thank you for pointing out the Nordstrom mall which is adjacent to the our hotel. It really is quite a large hub of shopping and restaurants. Have you checked out the Bloomingdales mall directly next door as well? If not I suggest you swing by for a visit. See you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2016 via mobile

I stay here regularly and can't overstate how impressive the location, staff and feel of the place is. The staff always makes me feel right at home and will do whatever it takes to make sure I have whatever I need for a great stay. The rooms are always clean and stylish and I love the bar. It's my go to place to stay in sf!

Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
18  Thank Ethan N
Michel N, Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2016

Ethan N,

Thank you for your loyalty! We love having you with us and hope to make each of your stay better than the last. If I can be of any personal assistance for you in the future please reach out to me or our Operations Manager, Vilen!

Reviewed March 25, 2016

I am very picky with hotels, which made travel to an expensive city like San Francisco a bit difficult. When I came across Hotel Zetta with great reviews and beautiful pictures, as well as a reasonable price, I thought it was too good to be true. Well, it was very true. We loved ever second of our 3-night stay.

Before we arrived, I received an email with a link to the hotel's app. We were able to request extra towels and some toiletry items so they were waiting for us when we got there. Love this!

It was raining in SF during our entire trip. We arrived via Uber and were greeted by doormen holding umbrellas. At check in, the front desk staff was friendly and conversational and even gave us a bottle of wine.

We were given room 501, close to the elevator on the 5th floor and with a view of 5th St. The room was enormous! There was a large closet with full-length mirrored doors. The closet contained a safe and an iron. The bathroom was the size of some apartments. It had a large vanity with tons of storage, a huge shower, and the toilet slightly separated in a little alcove, where there was also more shelf storage. The bathroom lighting was good. The Neil George bath products were lovely.

We had 2 queen beds that were incredibly comfortable with soft, high quality sheets. The desk area was very large and would be ideal for a business traveler. There were plenty of outlets around the room, which is often something I find lacking in hotels, and the clock on the nightstand included USB ports for even easier device charging.

We used the standard free Wi-Fi in the room, and it was more than acceptable. I was able to stream Netflix with no problem.

There was a small refrigerator with mini-bar items and a Nespresso machine.I loved being able to get quality coffee without leaving the room.

We were not bothered by street noise at all. A few times we did hear people coming down the hallway, but it really wasn't an issue. The blinds & room darkening shades worked perfectly for sleeping.

The hair dryer provided in the room broke, but reception was very quick to send up another when we called down. They also provided me an umbrella, gave us restaurant recommendations, and helped me to print my boarding pass. Really great service.

We had drinks at the lobby bar and also ate at the attached Cavalier restaurant. Both were excellent with friendly & attentive service. Both were a bit pricey, though. We did not get a chance to check out the Playroom, since we were not there too long and it was frequently closed for private events.

The décor of the room, bathroom, and common areas was funky & modern, with unique art and trendy style.

The location was ideal. Since it was raining, we didn't walk around as much as we would have liked (mostly taking Uber), but there was a shopping mall basically right next door and a Bart station about a block away. We also found a food truck serving tasty breakfast smoothie bowls just down an alley from the hotel.

I am eager to visit San Francisco again during better weather and will 100% be staying at Hotel Zetta again!

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
19  Thank majesty318

Majesty 318,

Wow! Thank you for the kind and thought out review. We are always excited to hear from our guests, and by the sound of it you had a great experience. For a hotel centrally located in San Francisco's SOMA district I must agree that our rooms are spacious and full of great tech oriented amenities. Moreover, thank you for pointing out the great service you received! We are committed to providing a top notch service experience. At the end of the day our staff is just as important as any amenities or features that our rooms offer.

See you again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2016

So I had the chance to stay for 3 night in this place and the service was great. Fortunately for me, my room was not on the side of the street so it was really quite. The only thing that I would have liked to know about was the charge for the incidentals that is $100 per night. Different from that, the service and the rooms are great.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
19  Thank Valkan S

Valkan S,

Thank you for your input. Sounds like you had a good experience with us during your stay. Being in downtown San Francisco can be a bit noisy at times, but we have a wide array of rooms to help any guest avoid the noise. Hope to have you back with us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

As others have mentioned, the common spaces at this hotel are unique and fun - with plinko, pool and other games upstairs for the young or young at heart. The location is also great - close to transit and shopping. However, the corridors are dark and the room we were assigned (on a complimentary upgrade) was also dark - the lighting inadequate and shades not something to open as we would look right into our neighbors rooms, whose shades were certainly closed as well. The bathroom shower was small and leaked (sprayed) all over the rest of the bathroom. I love modern, boutique hotels, but next time I am in San Francisco, I will seek out a different one.

Room Tip: It seems that many rooms do not have views...so ask for a room that is well lit and has a view of something other than another room.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
16  Thank Cmcman00
Michel N, Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2016

Cmcman00,

We would definitely appreciate a chance to have you with us again. Although I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our fun amenities, I am disappointing that your stay was anything short of flawless. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when planning your return, I will personally see to it that we get you a bright street facing room.

Michel N.