Sadly think some of the great reviews set expectations a little high for our experience at this hotel.
We stayed for a long weekend in SF during June. I upgraded to a Premier Studio as it was our first trip as newly weds.
The room was a little disappointing - there was no view, and in fact faced other bedroom windows across a narrow ally, so we had to keep our curtains closed the entire time.
The room functions fine - it's kind of funky - but just not remarkable. The only thing I thought as a design feature very cool, was the book shelf wallpaper in the bathroom, and the hole in the shower wall so you could turn on/heat up the shower without getting the floor wet. Other than that we came, we slept, it was comfortable, but it was also $350 night normal rate.
The tip to offer travelers staying here, is that on making your booking, the hotel does offer a discount if you pay up front. This was great. More hotels should do this - it was about $50/night saving on a $350 rate - so really a good deal if you know you are committed to your stay.
The rest of the hotel was fine - the lobby pretty busy w/ people on laptops hanging out.
Decor was quite cool. But I didn't feel any personal connection with any member of staff and certainly wasn't greeted by name as described by other reviews.
Did the job. Should have been told in advance about the no-view and certainly didn't qualify as a 'premium' room in my book. I preferred my premium room at the Westin on Market 2 days earlier by far. But, the Zetta is a 'cooler' hotel than the Westin... still on the hunt for a great SF hotel...
HOT TIP: Dottie's for breakfast (2 blocks away) and go early (before 9am) else you will be waiting an hour! Brenda's was also amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a city of exquisitely edgy contrasts, Hotel Zetta offers a high level of sophistication and service without taking itself too seriously. The vibrant décor and sustainable architecture lend an innovative, creative vibe, while the high-tech conveniences, oversized guestrooms and plush pillow top beds keep things modernand always relaxed. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously techy-savvy SoMa district and walking distance to Union Square, Hotel Zetta invites style-seeking travelers and local professionals to work, connect, play and get inspired.Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously hip SoMa Distict, Hotel Zetta offers 116 fashionable rooms and suites to style-seeking business travelers, culture-seeking out-of-towners and local professionals. Work-hard-play-hard business travelers can customize in-room work spaces with over-sized butcher block desks and a bevy of high-tech conveniences, from Internet-ready Samsung 46” smart TVs with access to apps like Facebook, Twitter and Netflix, to G-LINK™ docking stations that let you wirelessly stream videos from your mobile devices to your TV. Want to escape the bustle of the city without actually leaving the city? Our amenity-rich urban enclaves elevate downtime with down comforters and imported linens atop sumptuous pillow top beds, complimentary Neil George bath and body amenities, and Illy coffee espresso machines. Each room's unique quality is accented with a one-of-a-kind tapestry; a stunning collage of antique Oriental rugs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Zetta San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milano Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Milano San Francisco
- Milano San Francisco