“Great stay in San Fransisco”

Hotel Zetta San Francisco
Ranked #19 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great stay in San Fransisco”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice hotel, great rooms, very friendly service and good location. I was staying in Zetta in November 2013 for a business trip and I can highly recommend it! If you search a hotel in the center book a room at Zetta hotel in San Fransisco.

1 Thank Tigerlily_LN
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Tigerlily_LN,
Thank you for the great recommendation, I am glad that you enjoyed our service, location and guestrooms. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for pleasure this time so that you can enjoy our restaurant and the Playroom on the second floor.
Benjamin Duverge - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Zetta for 5 nights in early November and had a fabulous experience. We arrived a little before check-in time, but Caroline from the Front Desk was very nice and suggested we leave our luggage and she recommended a couple of places nearby for lunch. She called me within half an hour and said that our room was ready and our luggage had been taken care of. Everyone who works at the hotel is very friendly and seemed genuinely pleased to have us there. Room was fine, liked the modern décor and spacious desk area. Especially appreciated the desk lamp with 4 or 5 plugs to handle all our phone, iPad, and camera chargers. This was my first time in San Francisco but the Hotel Zetta was in a perfect location, just one-half block south of Market Street and the cable car turn-around. Also located next to a large shopping mall with Nordstroms and Bloomingdales, a few blocks from Union Square with Macy's and all the shopping you could want. Nice restaurants nearby (Moz across the street and Mel's Drive In a few blocks away). We bought a transit pass so we had unlimited use of the cable car and Historic Streetcar which made it easy to get back and forth from Fisherman's Wharf. Overall great experience at Hotel Zetta, would not hesitate to recommend and would definitely stay there again when we return to San Francisco.

1 Thank nealwes
Dear nealwes,
Wow, you seem to really have enjoyed our location and all that the city has to offer. I am delighted that our team made you feel welcome, they are passionate and proud of the hotel and the wonderful city we are in.
We designed our rooms with the new traveler in mind and we understand that the access to outlet is a must, in addition to the dock on the desk, we also have plugs in each side of the bed.
Thank you for the feedback and happy travels.
Detroit
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Zetta for 2 nights last weekend. It was contemporary an nicely appointed. The room was comfortable and very clean. The flat screen HD TV was of good quality. The place felt like a small W Hotel. My only complaint would be that the room taxes were not thoroughly spelled out when I booked the room. There was an Occupancy tax, a CA tourist tax, a San Francisco tourist tax, and a parking tax that added $63.00 per night to the room cost.

Next time, I will probably go to the local W Hotel. The taxes will be the same, but the overall cost/night will be cheaper..........for a property that is equally as hip, a larger hotel, with a little more going on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pauljanh,
Thank you for staying with us for a weekend getaway, I am delighted that you enjoyed our ambiance and the quality of our guestrooms. Hopefully you had the opportunity to enjoy our playroom and the variety of games available. This is a very unique feature of Hotel Zetta and one that you will not find in any other hotels in San Francisco.
Sausalito, California
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had a great one night stay at Hotel Zetta. It's fun, trendy, hip, cool...all while the team is making you feel warm, fuzzy, and invited into their home! We were immediately greeted by Sean for valet parking, very engaging and welcoming. Carolyn and Jeremy took care of me at the Front Desk and made me want to check in on a permanent basis.

The lobby offers you plenty of hang out room to enjoy a beverage of your choice, and soak up the San Francisco aura. My room was spotless, the bed was perfect. Loved the HOT(!!!) shower, shower head (awwww), and the lightening in the bathroom was just right for make up time.

Dio literally got a taxi for us in 3 minutes, and that can be difficult in the city at times. What a super star. Claudette was so sweet and friendly, smiles at 2:00am!

I have seen this property prior to their renovation and there of course is no comparison. Love all the recycled artwork. Each a conversation piece on its own. Amazing location, outstanding service, cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear T X,
I am so glad that you came to visit us from the other side of the beautiful Golden Gate bridge! I am delighted that you enjoyed our recycle, re-use , re-purpose art collection throughout our lobby and public areas. We are actually working on a coffee table book that we will put in all the rooms to tell the story of each pieces. Thank you for mentioning all our colleagues, they will be thrilled to see their names as they are truly committed and passionate about the hotel and our guests.
The entire team at Hotel Zetta cannot wait to welcome you back!
Cheers,
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a brilliant stay at the Hotel Zetta and can't thank the hotel staff enough for making us so welcome; in particular our thanks to Bryan for helping with our booking, Kristine/Carolyn on the front desk and the Doormen who always greeted us on exit and return from the hotel. You are what makes the hotel a resounding success!

The hotel is a great place to explore San Francisco. The hotel is within easy walking distance from Union Square and right by the cable car/tram/muni metro systems. We had a room overlooking the front of the building on the 6th floor and the room was huge by American standards and very modern. We all loved the games area on the first floor and free WIFI in the rooms was a bonus with the kids.

My only tip would be that San Francisco is like New York where the city doesn't seem to sleep, so if you want a quieter option, make sure you choose a room accordingly. We wanted the full experience, sirens and all!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Kitey67,
I am delighted that you found us! We are definitively in the middle of it all and a great base to explore San Francisco. It is good to hear that your entire family enjoyed the large guestrooms and the great playroom on the second floor.
The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel got plenty going for it. The lobby is gorgeous and the bar is a scene. The decor is ultra modern without being pretentious. Your first impression is definitely "wow! what a cool place."

That impression carries through to the room experience. The bed is plush and comfortable and the bathroom is pretty slick. They definitely pay attention to cleanliness. I loved the 42" flatscreen Samsung that was in my room. Great for watching the Science Channel!

Things started going down south when I ordered room service. My dinner was definitely not fresh. Stale is more like it. Of course the price tag attached to that reflected a much better quality of food, but reality was far from it.

Then I was really disappointed when I asked the front desk staff to send someone over to my room to make it up (I was in my room all day working.) Nothing happened on the first request. I had to put in 3 requests before anyone made it up to my room.

I guess what I leave you with is this: this is a great hotel. Is it ready for primetime given the price tag? Maybe. I won't go back soon. Maybe in a year or so.

Room Tip: The bar in the lobby is great! Have a drink there.