The hotel got plenty going for it. The lobby is gorgeous and the bar is a scene. The decor is ultra modern without being pretentious. Your first impression is definitely "wow! what a cool place."
That impression carries through to the room experience. The bed is plush and comfortable and the bathroom is pretty slick. They definitely pay attention to cleanliness. I loved the 42" flatscreen Samsung that was in my room. Great for watching the Science Channel!
Things started going down south when I ordered room service. My dinner was definitely not fresh. Stale is more like it. Of course the price tag attached to that reflected a much better quality of food, but reality was far from it.
Then I was really disappointed when I asked the front desk staff to send someone over to my room to make it up (I was in my room all day working.) Nothing happened on the first request. I had to put in 3 requests before anyone made it up to my room.
I guess what I leave you with is this: this is a great hotel. Is it ready for primetime given the price tag? Maybe. I won't go back soon. Maybe in a year or so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a city of exquisitely edgy contrasts, Hotel Zetta offers a high level of sophistication and service without taking itself too seriously. The vibrant décor and sustainable architecture lend an innovative, creative vibe, while the high-tech conveniences, oversized guestrooms and plush pillow top beds keep things modernand always relaxed. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously techy-savvy SoMa district and walking distance to Union Square, Hotel Zetta invites style-seeking travelers and local professionals to work, connect, play and get inspired.Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously hip SoMa Distict, Hotel Zetta offers 116 fashionable rooms and suites to style-seeking business travelers, culture-seeking out-of-towners and local professionals. Work-hard-play-hard business travelers can customize in-room work spaces with over-sized butcher block desks and a bevy of high-tech conveniences, from Internet-ready Samsung 46” smart TVs with access to apps like Facebook, Twitter and Netflix, to G-LINK™ docking stations that let you wirelessly stream videos from your mobile devices to your TV. Want to escape the bustle of the city without actually leaving the city? Our amenity-rich urban enclaves elevate downtime with down comforters and imported linens atop sumptuous pillow top beds, complimentary Neil George bath and body amenities, and Illy coffee espresso machines. Each room's unique quality is accented with a one-of-a-kind tapestry; a stunning collage of antique Oriental rugs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Zetta San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milano Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Milano San Francisco
- Milano San Francisco