“Service beyond desire and need!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Zetta San Francisco
Ranked #23 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Round Rock, Texas
“Service beyond desire and need!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I will write the same review which I posted to Yelp today:

I had a special request and circumstance upon check-in today. I immediately thought there was going to be a struggle but the manager and those at the desk alleviated any concern I may have had. The level of customer service I experienced was immediately far more superior and respectful than I have ever experienced. So impressed am I with the staff here at Zetta that I am compelled to post online right away. I'm looking forward to a great week! Also, the room is wonderfully clean and comfortable!! I feel privileged to be here. Thank you, Zetta!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Russ-on-the-go
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Russ-on-the-go,
I am delighted that the front desk team went above and beyond to accommodate your special requests. Our team is very proud of what they do and are always available to assist in any way they can. We are fortunate to have a great hotel with an exciting design and a great bar and restaurant but what we are the most fortunate about is the dedication of our team. I am glad that you fell compelled to share it with the Trip Advisor community. Enjoy your week!
Benjamin Duverge - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I really enjoyed my time at this hotel. I stayed two nights prior to a wedding I was attending on the central coast and was thoroughly impressed by this property. The design is incredible - unique, playful and edgy. The pairs of glasses chandeliers, the metal sculpture of the dog - all of it was inventive and very creative. I loved the playroom/meeting room concept. The rooms are spacious, teched-out and comfortable. The Illy espresso machine was a great touch. The room were clean and well appointed. This hotel is not all about design though, the service was excellent. I didn't have a car during my stay so I was able to get carted around by Danny, the limo driver who was friendly and prompt. The bell/door guys were awesome - always friendly and present. The front desk was quick, efficient and when I came back the following Monday night prior to my return trip Tuesday morning, they remembered me and welcomed me back - nice touch.

The Cavalier, the restaurant where I had dinner the first night, was amazing. The food was excellent, the service was spot on - and what a good looking, snappy crowd - even at 11:30pm people were still coming in for tables. Very chic. And room service breakfast was perfect - the scrambled eggs and prosciutto was perfect and quick.

Loved the place - can't wait to come back!

John

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking 5th street - it was lively
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jmprice1011
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear jmprice1011,
Wow, you seemed to have really enjoyed your trip to California. Thank you for the kind comments, the team really seemed to have made a lasting impression and I know that they will be proud to read your review. Hopefully your travels will bring your back to San Francisco soon and you will have a chance to play a couple of games of pool or shuffle board in our playroom. It is a lot of fun.
British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

First of all, I have to say that SF is a very friendly city and a fun place to visit. We came here for an annual girls trip, we are all 40ish. The hotel is centrally located, close to Westfield Mall and Union Square. Lots of great restaurants and shopping nearby. Hotel decor is modern and minimal, room was surprisingly big (it fit all 4 of us comfortably, with luggage) and had 2 queen beds which can be hard to find in SF. I think we were in room 701 so try to get that one if you need more space. Staff is friendly and helpful. One constructive criticism: the hotel could use a concierge who really knows the nearby restaurants, I felt like we were on our own in that department. We stumbled upon a restaurant nearby called First Crush. Good wine list, good food. About $400 for four people with wine and tip. Also went to a restaurant called Isa on Steiner near Filmore street, take a cab for $5. It's great, go there. Loved our waiter, Dean. But back to Hotel Zetta, I'd recommend it. Comfy beds, nice sheets, big room, clean. We paid $400/nt.

Room Tip: 701, big room, 2 queens
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mrmacken
Dear Mrmacken,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the big room. Our Deluxe room with 2 Queen beds are very spacious and can comfortably accommodate 4 adults. I hope that you had a chance to experience our restaurant "The Cavalier" and our Playroom on the second floor. They are both very unique and fun place to hang out. We hope to see you soon in our friendly and fun city.
Safe travels,
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is modern with interesting art and decor. The bath and body products - wow. Illy espresso machine In the room. What a great place and location. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. The work out room has a variety of equipment and options. It is clean and offers

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear LovetheGiralffe,
I am delighted that you truly enjoyed the hotel, design, location and the passion of the team. I am glad that you had a good workout in our fitness room, we are now also offering a complimentary yoga class on Sunday in our meeting room on the second floor next to the Playroom. This is a great way to relax and rejuvenate after a fun filled week end in San Francisco. We cannot wait to welcome you back so that you can enjoy this new program.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My daughter and I spent 3 nights for a long week-end break (28 September - 1 October 2013) at Hotel Zetta which we had chosen on the basis of reviews and its location. It is indeed ideally situated for visiting San Francisco's main sights and shopping. It is also only a very short walk from the Powell Street BART station where we arrived directly from the airport. Although we arrived mid-morning, our room was already available, which we greatly appreciated, having had a very early start from New York. We found the staff at the reception systematically welcoming, courteous and most helpful. They spent time with us explaining in detail how to get to the various places which we wanted to visit by public transport, without pushing us to take taxis or town cars, and recommending places close by for brunch. They and the bell boys were also most helpful in trying to resolve a problem with the town car which they'd ordered for me to go back to the airport at the end of my stay, a problem which was in no way their fault. Our room on the top/8th floor was spacious and clean. We liked the contemporary décor of the room and of the hotel in general. The only criticisms that I have of the room are that there was no dedicated rack or stool on which to place my suitcase and the air conditioning fan was so noisy that we had to switch it off when we went to bed. One of the two guest elevators was out of order on one of the days, but was back in service within the same day. I had dinner at the Cavalier brasserie which is sympathique and lively. The dinner was good and, despite the restaurant and bar being full on the Saturday night, was served quickly. My waiter made friendly -- but not over-friendly -- conversation with me, doubtless because I was dining alone that evening. We also invited friends of ours for drinks at the bar in the main lobby which were served quickly and efficiently. The hotel is not cheap, but then that is the case for all good hotels in the centre of San Francisco. Altogether a most enjoyable stay and I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carol A
Dear CarolA,
I am honored that we were part of your successful week-end break with you daughter, you definitively seem to have had some fun in the city and in the hotel. I will follow up on your comments with my team. I am glad that you enjoyed our new restaurant. The entire team cannot wait to welcome you back!
Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Rooms were modern, light and airy, big screen TV, iPod dock etc, clean and comfortable rooms. Really great location for a weekend in SF, close to Westfield shopping mall, Market Street, cinema, restaurants, tram. Despite being central, the room was quiet. Bed was very comfortable.

The only slight thing was a slightly too forward staff member at the front desk, or more like a slightly off sense of humor. But nothing serious or to complain about. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear n1373j,
Greetings from San Francisco and Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. The entire team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our bedrooms and our location. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to experience our new restaurant, The Cavalier on your next stay with us. Safe travels!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for a conference taking place at the Moscone Convention Center. The Convention Center was an easy 8 minute walk from the hotel. I found the neighborhood around the hotel to be safe, although there is a large homeless population.

The staff was friendly, young, professional, and energetic. I noted the "hip" outfits of the front door staff with jeans, checkered shirts, and newsboy caps. I appreciated the citrus water available in the hotel lobby.

The hotel clientele was mixed, some older, many younger. On Friday and Saturday, there was a young, bohemian crowd lounging in the lobby and hotel bar.

The room was nice. On the small size, but appropriate. Bed was comfortable, good pillows. Clean and modern decor.

The bathroom was bright and clean. I had a few issues with the bathroom, though. I was expecting more toiletries for the price of the room. Only liquid soap was a letdown (I prefer bar soap for the shower). The shower head was rather highly placed, so it might be difficult for some to reach the shower head for readjusting. Also, the faucet of the sink was too close to the edge. Yes, these are minor points, but they are things that could be improved.

I was not happy with the complete lack of view from my room. My window looked out to a wall with another window. Surprisingly, there was a decent amount of natural light in the room.

Complimentary wifi in the room worked well. Computers were available in the lobby as well. In-room safe was useful.

The location was good. One of the last stops of the cable car is located basically across the street. Other public transportation options were within 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel. Next door is a big, upscale mall with a great selection of stores and an impressive food court with high quality food (not the usual fast food joints). Additionally, there are many restaurant options within walking distance of the hotel, including some casual breakfast places.

Overall, I was happy with my stay at this hotel. I thought that the price was a bit much for what was offered, but the hotel is clean, hip, new, has good service and a good location. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelDeer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a thorough review of your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location and the overall atmosphere of hotel - we are quickly becoming the place to meet after work with San Francisco locals. I have also noted some of the constructive comments and the entire team is dedicated to alleviate them. Stay well and come back soon.