My daughter and I spent 3 nights for a long week-end break (28 September - 1 October 2013) at Hotel Zetta which we had chosen on the basis of reviews and its location. It is indeed ideally situated for visiting San Francisco's main sights and shopping. It is also only a very short walk from the Powell Street BART station where we arrived directly from the airport. Although we arrived mid-morning, our room was already available, which we greatly appreciated, having had a very early start from New York. We found the staff at the reception systematically welcoming, courteous and most helpful. They spent time with us explaining in detail how to get to the various places which we wanted to visit by public transport, without pushing us to take taxis or town cars, and recommending places close by for brunch. They and the bell boys were also most helpful in trying to resolve a problem with the town car which they'd ordered for me to go back to the airport at the end of my stay, a problem which was in no way their fault. Our room on the top/8th floor was spacious and clean. We liked the contemporary décor of the room and of the hotel in general. The only criticisms that I have of the room are that there was no dedicated rack or stool on which to place my suitcase and the air conditioning fan was so noisy that we had to switch it off when we went to bed. One of the two guest elevators was out of order on one of the days, but was back in service within the same day. I had dinner at the Cavalier brasserie which is sympathique and lively. The dinner was good and, despite the restaurant and bar being full on the Saturday night, was served quickly. My waiter made friendly -- but not over-friendly -- conversation with me, doubtless because I was dining alone that evening. We also invited friends of ours for drinks at the bar in the main lobby which were served quickly and efficiently. The hotel is not cheap, but then that is the case for all good hotels in the centre of San Francisco. Altogether a most enjoyable stay and I would definitely go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a city of exquisitely edgy contrasts, Hotel Zetta offers a high level of sophistication and service without taking itself too seriously. The vibrant décor and sustainable architecture lend an innovative, creative vibe, while the high-tech conveniences, oversized guestrooms and plush pillow top beds keep things modernand always relaxed. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously techy-savvy SoMa district and walking distance to Union Square, Hotel Zetta invites style-seeking travelers and local professionals to work, connect, play and get inspired.Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously hip SoMa Distict, Hotel Zetta offers 116 fashionable rooms and suites to style-seeking business travelers, culture-seeking out-of-towners and local professionals. Work-hard-play-hard business travelers can customize in-room work spaces with over-sized butcher block desks and a bevy of high-tech conveniences, from Internet-ready Samsung 46” smart TVs with access to apps like Facebook, Twitter and Netflix, to G-LINK™ docking stations that let you wirelessly stream videos from your mobile devices to your TV. Want to escape the bustle of the city without actually leaving the city? Our amenity-rich urban enclaves elevate downtime with down comforters and imported linens atop sumptuous pillow top beds, complimentary Neil George bath and body amenities, and Illy coffee espresso machines. Each room's unique quality is accented with a one-of-a-kind tapestry; a stunning collage of antique Oriental rugs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Zetta San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milano Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Milano San Francisco
- Milano San Francisco